MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: aftermarket wiring harness  (Read 1746 times)

Jacques

• View Profile
aftermarket wiring harness
« on: December 22, 2009, 11:55:55 PM »

A friend is having ongoing reliability issues with the wiring of his 57 Coronet (will post pics later, its really a nice car). Basically, all wires are deteriorated and need replacement.

To get rid of the problems without going totally DIY (too time-consuming) he is looking for a universal harness.

We encountered these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EZ-WIRING-12-CIRCUIT-COLOR-UNIVERSAL-WIRING-HARNESS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3ca89b093cQQitemZ260526770492QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Are the products from EZ-wiring any good?
ex-Mopars 1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Coupe, 1973 Imperial LeBaron 2dr hardtop, 1973 Imperial LeBaron 4dr Hardtop, 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury 2 door hardtop

Butch Houghton

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 04:37:18 AM »

Should be,  uses the same good wire the others do & a lot cheaper.   Just be aware that the color codes won't match but the wires are marked for function  along their length.

You'll still have to use all your bulb sockets,  they usually give you new headlight connectors but I can't tell in their kit.    Theirs is like the others in that they use GM type connectors for turn signal hookup too but that can be adapted also.  

There will still be a lot of adapting to work with the original Dash stuff & wipers & such  but it's pretty straightforward.   A factory book would help crossing stuff.

I just used a Ron Francis Mopar kit & it still wasn't as plug & play as they want you to think but it's so nice to have all new wire & fuse box it's worth it in the end,   Painless Mopar kits are color coded correct but they're 450.00.    Not worth  it to me.

Butch

68 Dart GT - 394 Stroker/6 Pack
70 Fury Gran Coupe - 472 Hemi
70 Sport Fury - 383 Magnum FK5

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 05:56:02 AM »

Sjak, the place for quality original wiring harnesses is Rhode Island
Wiring
Service ... I have the catalog in my garage at
my other house . If he wants to do it right and do it authentic, they
are the best for any Forward Look car, also earlier and later vintage
Mopar and others.  I will be using them for my '56 Packard.

http://www.riwire.com

firedome2009-12-23 11:01:31
Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 06:00:05 AM »

The price is Lagit. ]

I have one, bought as a universal for the 550.  Don't know about the wire colors, but it sefinitely seems to be well made.  The guy I bought from and I just exchanged a few emails about an EFI harness.
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 09:06:15 AM »

OK sounds good guys!

Originality is not an issue with this car. There's another engine-tranny-brake system-hifi-upholstery-etc in that car. Besides, there are some flaws in the original design which we also want to cure while we're at it. E.g. modern fuses are much better than glass fuses.

We'll figure out about adapting the sockets. Regarding the colors, we have the shop manual. So we'll manage.

Thanks for the feedback!

ex-Mopars 1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Coupe, 1973 Imperial LeBaron 2dr hardtop, 1973 Imperial LeBaron 4dr Hardtop, 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury 2 door hardtop

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 09:59:07 AM »

Sjak

I ordered it from this guy. . .If you want the personal touch. . .He was real helpful fiding items for me he didn't have and sent me direct to them.

ez2wire@ez2wire.com

Charles Goin
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 09:34:48 PM »

for the ultimate wiring.....

http://www.isispower.com/

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC