MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power Window Switch Bezels  (Read 537 times)

Scott

• View Profile
Power Window Switch Bezels
« on: December 10, 2009, 04:35:48 AM »

Has anyone successfully removed the bezels from the Power Window Switches from a '65 Chrysler for rechroming?
============================================================
"What ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 01:59:06 PM »

Nope.

You do risk breaking them.
NOS switches can be found on E bAY .
The single ones can be had cheap or reasonably priced.The master switch can be pricey.
But with the beautiful job you have done on the interior--it is worth the expense,IMO.
Besides,the cost of rechroming the bezels may run up to--or more--to the cost of replacing the switches.
The problem is that the pot metal--or white metal--is more difficult to rechrome hence the high cost.Also sometimes (depending on how badly pitted they are) sometimes never survive the caustic acid tank.
Only a few rechroming places will do them.
The other low cost alternative--since you are already out West-search for good dry Arizona used switches.

I went through the pot metal thing on the BoaB and locating the NOS trim was cheaper than rechroming.It took more time hunting for it,that's all.
That was the fun part,LOL!! 
Just my opinion,hope this helps.

1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Scott

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 04:27:11 AM »

Well it took me 1.5 hours to do it, but I have successfully extracted the bezels from my power wondow switches, all 6 of them.  They are off to the plater this morning and hopefully I will be able to reassemble without and incident.
============================================================
"What ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 09:22:36 AM »

Quote from: rexus31
Well it took me 1.5 hours to do it, but I have successfully extracted the bezels from my power wondow switches, all 6 of them.  They are off to the plater this morning and hopefully I will be able to reassemble without and incident.

I love it when people are too dumb to know that it can't be done.  Just like me. 
Congrats.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 11:44:40 AM »

Quote from: Commando1
Quote from: rexus31

I love it when people are too dumb to know that it can't be done.  Just like me. 

Yeah. . . I'm one of those dummies.
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 05:33:40 PM »

Well it don't hurt to try.  Keep us posted on how the re-chroming and re-assembly goes.
Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC