MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My opinion of GM  (Read 298 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
My opinion of GM
« on: November 17, 2009, 06:43:39 PM »

Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
My opinion of GM
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 03:41:00 AM »

And don't get me started about OnStar.

Tom Dawson

• View Profile
My opinion of GM
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 09:05:17 AM »

I feel the same way Steve, How about the comercials with Howie picking on the Ford truck owner for having a "man step" which I think is a great idea, truck now a days are much taller than they were back in the 70's and 80's. or the other one when he is picking on the Ram owner for having a heated steering wheel, once a gain, if I have it I would use it, leather and vynal get cold in the winter, warm steering wheel means no gloves needed to drive. I think they miss the point of these options, besides you can get a heated steering wheel on a Caddy, BMW with the cold weather package, Benzes, and other top of the line automobiles.
I better get off the soap box........
Tom

They loved him up and turned him into a horny toad( O Brother Where Art Thou? )

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
My opinion of GM
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 12:06:14 PM »

I never owned a GM product that was newer than 1965....my sister had a 1969 elCamino, and my grandfather gave me his 1977 Cadillac. These were simpler cars, easy to work on and if you wanted luxury you got Caddy. If you wanted economy you got Chevy. Now I have a 1991 Eldorado....and if you don't have the 3 inch thick service manual and some computer knowledge, you have no hope of fixing ANYTHING that goes wrong on these cars. GM cornered the market on complicated. There are things on the Eldo that boggle my mind as to why they had to operate that item or system through a computer....the main one, the engine one or the body one....oh yeah there's also a computer for the ABS. You think Auto Temp 2 was bad? There are pages and pages of flowcharts for troubleshooting systems. Have an inoperable power door lock? Good luck....it's probably on page 8a-13C paragraph 127....

GM could have saved scads of $$$$ per car without some of this BS

stitcherbob2009-11-18 17:09:02
They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
My opinion of GM
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 12:14:13 PM »

Mercedes and Rolls used to corner the market for complicated Bob.  But today they're all that way.

Look at Chrysler witht he Can Buss computers.  Nightmare!
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

firedome

• View Profile
My opinion of GM
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 04:02:45 PM »

Yeah, the Germans defined complicated, but GM is no slouch.  Give me a car with a carb and no 'lectronics.

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC