MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 361  (Read 914 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 04:39:03 PM »

Not true Bob. . . .  That's not a Chevy there
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Guests

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 06:37:16 PM »

Yes and no, you are right it is not a Chevy which has a weaker core, but on the other side, as I admittedly forgot, yet figured everyone was smart enough to realize, the B main bearing journal size vice the RB main bearing journal size would need to be redone automatically. That was a pretty good catch, just making sure you were actually reading the garbage I am putting out instead of just jumping to conclusions. It also means you know a little more than you sometimes let on.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 05:24:49 AM »

You're kidding right?

I can see you reinforcing the bottom end for the Indy 500, but not for street purposes. . .

Those caps are down in there pretty good.  The skirts on the big blocks are higher than the small blocks. . .

Work on the punctuation and paragraphing.  Easier to take in.
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Guests

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 06:24:34 PM »

Quote from: POLARACO
You're kidding right?

I can see you reinforcing the bottom end for the Indy 500, but not for street purposes. . .

Those caps are down in there pretty good.  The skirts on the big blocks are higher than the small blocks. . .

Small blocks have NO side skirts past the main bearings like a big block, B or RB or Hemi, and of all the blocks out there, you don't have to worry about core shift until you get into 1973ish and above. Still tougher than the other Big Three domestics, closest I would want is a Cleveland, and all the new stuff  (2005+) is too expensive to even consider.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC