MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: headliner  (Read 568 times)

frank o

• View Profile
headliner
« on: August 29, 2009, 06:32:22 AM »

I am looking at a 79 diplomat 2-door the complete headliner is missing( foam and all) So how hard and cost would it be to replace it. I guess stitcherbob would have this answer.
furyfrank

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
headliner
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 09:45:58 PM »

Just saw this post Frank..... if you have a good base board the material isn't expensive....just 1 1/2 - 2 yards of foam backed headliner cloth and the right glue (I would put Weldwood yellow contact cement on the board and spray the foam with 3M's 8090 or Super 90 spray glue to get a good bond without soaking thru the cloth.)

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

frank o

• View Profile
headliner
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 03:40:45 PM »

the baseboard is missing also
furyfrank

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
headliner
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 05:00:14 PM »

Well then, you need to go to a salvage yard....those are model specific and not available anywhere else. That is why I tell people not to use staples or pins to put sagging headliners back up...it destroys the board

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC