MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wagon trim removal...  (Read 550 times)

Brian

• View Profile
wagon trim removal...
« on: August 03, 2009, 06:27:31 PM »

I am wanting to install the rear grab handles I have for the wagon and can't figure out how to remove the trim on the body, around the rear window, two sides and center piece.
 Here's the trim I need to remove...

And then I'm installing these...

I can see that there are 4 screws to hold these on, so I'm assuming the trim is being held on by clips that screw into the same places the grab handle screws will go.
Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

azblackhemi

• View Profile
wagon trim removal...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 07:40:09 PM »

Brian, Just use a putty knife to pry it off. It is held on with clips. Once you get it started it comes right off. A wider putty knife will reduce the risk of damaging the chrome.  If I remember right you'll have to use the top trim piece that came with the grab handles as it is shorter than without the handles. I also think the grab handles will have to be attached with screws so you will have to drill holes in the body. I will look at my 68 T&C parts car tommorrow to verify this.
Horder of all NY'er's Newports, 300's and all other interesting "C" Bodies.Road Wheels AND SNAKES!!

Brian

• View Profile
wagon trim removal...
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 08:21:08 AM »

Quote from: azblackhemi
Brian, Just use a putty knife to pry it off. It is held on with clips. Once you get it started it comes right off. A wider putty knife will reduce the risk of damaging the chrome.  If I remember right you'll have to use the top trim piece that came with the grab handles as it is shorter than without the handles. I also think the grab handles will have to be attached with screws so you will have to drill holes in the body. I will look at my 68 T&C parts car tommorrow to verify this.

Thanks Chris....you know I wondered about the top trim piece...should have bought it as well when I got the grab handles.
Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC