MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Brakmobile  (Read 8401 times)

Jacques

• View Profile
The Brakmobile
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2009, 10:49:39 AM »

Well Scott, if all goes well, we leave July 9th or 10th, so feel free to fly in!

Now just hope that the car wont have any more issues, since the sale is decided, it gives one gremlin after the other. Now it has decided to leak a river of ATF at the front of the pan through the gasket. Brand new tranny, new pan, the newer style "leakproof" gaskek, all bolts torqued just right....

ex-Mopars 1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Coupe, 1973 Imperial LeBaron 2dr hardtop, 1973 Imperial LeBaron 4dr Hardtop, 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury 2 door hardtop

Snotty

• View Profile
The Brakmobile
« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2009, 11:33:27 AM »

That happened to me once, luckilly while I was still filling the trans up with fluid.  Pissed me off!  I took the pan off and saw that I had "rolled" one side of the gasket.  It was a learning curve; I always check now to see if I can see gasket material all the way arounbd before I fill the trans.

I would love to fly and join you, but I will be at Redwood Christian Park in the Santa Cruz Hills that week with my famliy!  And, yes, it fits it's name: it's in the heart of the southern area of the California Redwood Forest.  Tallest trees in the world!!  Whoo-hoo!
It's green here in Chico!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC