MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from WA  (Read 2808 times)

Rob Molloy

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2009, 06:28:03 PM »

LOL guys! yeah, it was a bunch of idiots that did (or didn't do) any of the work on my car. The only shop that was able to even tell me anything was a shop that my grandfather had taken his to, but that was for brakes (they couldn't get the parts for the wheel cylinder in time, thus the reason it will need a brake job when it gets here)

An update on shipping, in short, the company that I was trying to ship  with were lying to me for the past month and a half that they had a truck set up, and especially the past 2 days when they said that they were talking to the truck driver because I called another company (this one has the highest rating of all that are rated) and they looked in their little computer and told me that there has never been a truck booked to pick up my car. I quickly shot an email to the first company because they don't answer their phone, to cancel with them, and booked with the new company. It will be a little more money, but if they can get the car picked up, it's already worth it! So I have to wait a little longer to get it up here :(

Brian

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2009, 08:28:53 PM »

I've bought two cars, both my C-bodies sight unseen and a long way away so I feel your pain!!

I was lucky though the first car was in PA and a guy who was going to the big Carlisle show and swap had an empty car trailer comming back and was looking for a back haul.  The second car was from Wyoming and I eventualy managed to convince the owner to haul it from Wyoming to Seattle and I met him there and hauled it the rest of the way home from there.

Good luck!!

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

Jessica

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2009, 02:23:38 AM »

Rob, what company were you originally using? I am supposed to have my 55 fireflite shipped next month, and I hope I don't have the same troubles/same guys! I guess that's the trouble with some of these "larger companies". Most turn out to be a brokerage. Hopefully it works out because I got an excellent price and I am limited as to what I can spend. I also need to get the car here before we move in August!JSands2009-06-17 07:24:29

Rob Molloy

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2009, 07:33:59 AM »

I was using American Auto Relocation "Professionals" They have some of the worst customer service skills out of anybody I've ever delt with. I would recommend anybody stay away from them!

Sorry, I'm still a little ticked right now. My car is still in Cali, sitting in a driveway uncovered for everyone to see, and it's not in the greatest neighborhood :(

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2009, 02:41:56 PM »

Sign of the times my friend
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 05:16:04 AM »

The problem is, we all expect this:

when we areonly willing to paying for this:

I have never owned Bugattis so I use #2 and ask them to fax me their insurance binder before picking up the car.

Next time I'll use Steve and buy him a Pepsi and bring hime to China Buffet

Rob Molloy

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 01:19:42 PM »

I am counting on number 2. Hell, I don't care if someone with a pickup and trailer tows it up for me, as long as it gets here in the same condition that it's in right now...well, maybe if the guy wants to fix it up along the way, that's cool.

This new company is SOOOO much better. I'm getting update emails every day on whether a driver has accepted my offer, and has been completely honest on the fact that we may have to raise it $50. Just that good customer service is worth the money in my book.

Rob Molloy

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2009, 07:08:20 PM »

Update, the company FINALLY got a driver willing to go out to Hell Centro to pick up my car. Will be loaded up tomorrow morning, and should be here next Tuesday or Wednesday. SCORE!!

Brian

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2009, 09:11:48 PM »

Wow can't believe the trouble your having...glad it's finaly getting loaded up and will be home soon...keep us posted.
Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

Jessica

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2009, 02:15:26 PM »

I am having World Wide Auto transport my desoto to our new home in Texas in September. Hopefully I won't have as much trouble as you are having. Can't wait to hear about your vehicle finally arriving! :)

Rob Molloy

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2009, 06:30:04 PM »

FINALLY!!!!!

Will be dropped of on Monday I shall sit and wait.

Jessica

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2009, 05:27:26 AM »

Yay! Congrats!!

Rob Molloy

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2009, 02:32:14 PM »

Tomorrow morning, will be dropped off at a brake shop, so that I can actually drive it  PARTAY!!!

Rob Molloy

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2009, 06:02:49 PM »

It's here!!!!!!

After a few hours at the shop getting the brake cylinders installed, and brakes bled, got it home. It was a miracle!! They did the brakes, then the generator started working (they fixed the wire for the charging) the power steering started working, and the brake lights started working!!! Everything that wasn't working on the car now works. They also topped off the tranny fluid so the tranny works.....ish....it's leaking in my garage right now...eh...it drives :D Now onto the pics!!!!

My two mopars:

In the garage! Will had to get into the pic!

Jessica

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2009, 07:37:02 AM »

Did your recycle bin explode? LOL
Glad to hear see the car is home. Can't wait to hear about the progress!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC