MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from WA  (Read 2846 times)

Rob Molloy

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 10:05:31 AM »

I'm trying to figure out a color scheme for it. I saw a real nice pearl'd yellow in a magazine, and I think that, with the cadillac pearl white would look ok. I've also been toying with a dark blue and silver, or red and pearl white...not too sure yet. We'll see what happens.

furyfever- We we're all surprised when my parents found this car in this good of shape. It's been a California car the whole time, so it hasn't seen too much rain. The previous ownder kept it in a shed while he tinkered with it until he sold it. The car is in for a shock when it gets to WA, but it will be garaged and very well taken care of. I plan on keeping this car for as long as possible :)

Brian

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 12:17:53 PM »

Not liking the red with white accents...too "Christine". How about red with silver accents?

The dark blue with Silver would be sweet.

Oh BTW I'm just across the border from Sumas WA in Abbotsford BC....I'm only about an hour or so from Marysville WA...I used to truck down into the USA and aways stopped at "Donnas" truck stop at exit 102? off the I5. 

I travel down to WA periodicly so maybe once you get it home I can swing by for a meet and greet on one of my forays down south.
Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

Rob Molloy

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 04:30:04 PM »

I was thinking more white with red accents. My grandfather had a 59 Toga that was that color combination. (long story on why we don't have THAT one. lets just say when I was a kid, we moved to AK and trusted my uncle to take care of it and he didn't :( )

That would be cool to meet up!!! I'll find out this weekend when the car will be up here. It gets loaded up on Saturday, but I don't know how long it will take to be delivered :(

I will have pictures posted after this weekend. I'm hoping they can pick it up in the afternoon so I can cruise around and snap some pictures in the desert :) We shall see.

firedome

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 07:58:13 AM »

Welcome !!! Nice car!  I for one like the colors!

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Dan Cluley

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 06:49:43 PM »

I like the subtlety of the pale yellow on a car with a flashy shape and trim.  However the white with red would look good too.  A little more striking without being garish.
1965 300 Convertible
1974 Dart Sedan

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 03:12:58 PM »

Yeah what my buddy Dan said,You gotta love the red and white!!!!

Rob Molloy

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 06:18:27 PM »

Well, went to Cali this last weekend, the truck didn't show up...supposed to be there tomorrow now...we shall see. got the beast started, and just like last year, ran a little rough, but I guss a bone stock 50 year old car will do that. Tranny slipping a little, and one of the rear wheel cylinders is leaking, so the brakes don't work. It didn't stop me from crusing around.

This is how I found her:

After a quick spin by Autozone:

At one of the greatest fast food places in the US

At a different, decent fast food place

Snotty

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 08:02:40 PM »

Oh, someone had an "In-n-Out urge!!"  Sonic is a good place as well, but they are all accross the U.S., unlike I-n-O.

For the slipping transmission, make sure the fluid level is up.  A low trans will slip.
It's green here in Chico!!

Rob Molloy

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 05:53:26 AM »

Yeah, I live in WA, and we don't have In-n-Out, so I had to hit that up when I was there!

I'll be sure to get the tranny flushed and the cooling system flushed when it gets up here. Took it to a couple of shops last year who wouldn't do it because we didn't know how much fluid goes in each. I have an owners manual for it now that I picked up and it has all the fluid levels :)

Brian

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 08:52:37 AM »

Wouldn't work on it because they didn't know how much fluid went in it!!  That has to be one of the lamest excuses I'm ever heard!!

thrashingcows2009-06-16 18:26:25
Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi

Rob Molloy

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2009, 12:27:15 PM »

I know. That's what I kept telling them. They flat our refused because the car was too old and not in their system. They did the oil just fine though.

Brian

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2009, 01:28:15 PM »

Well you're better off doing these yourself anyways...not that hard to do and you can save yourself a few $$ and learn something at the same time.
Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2009, 02:09:06 PM »

Stay away from the Chains Rob.  Find a good old independant repair shop.  They tend to know more and have better skills.

Not in the computer. . .Gimme'   a break.  I have a thorn in my backside about that phrase 

You don't want me to
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

steve fogel

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2009, 02:25:42 PM »

Snotty never drives past a burger joint without stopping in to sample the wares.   In n Out is great, they make a hamburger that's real close to a homemade boiger.

steve fogel

• View Profile
Hello from WA
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2009, 02:28:32 PM »

Yeah, I love those Tune and Zoom places.   "We don't work on cars that old".   That's because they're flippin Apple II computer only has 128k of RAM and can't search back before 1980.   Also, the recent high school grad, college dropout, or ex-con can't work on anything that you can't plug a diagnostic computer hookup into.   What kinda of a dumbaish doesn't work on a car cause he doesn't know how much fluid went in it?    You shoulda asked him how much fluid was between his ears.
hurst12009-06-16 19:30:26
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC