MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: What types of projects do you enjoy?  (Read 1257 times)

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
What types of projects do you enjoy?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 11:03:56 AM »

Quote from: POLARACO
Heavy engine work. . .   Bob. . . .I* have that down to a science now.  I use the winch on my trailer to pull the car out from under the engine.  Then I can use a long pipe to roll the engine hoist around and so on.  I don't work hard, I work smart.  The trailer get's the car high enough, most times, to work under it without a jack too.  Still have to work on my back, but it's nowhere near as bad as working just with jacks.

I always try to do the front end work when the front is off the car.  Soooo Much easier.  Even then, I'll pick the car up with the cherry picker and jack stand it accordingly.  Body work is tough outside, but I manage to get the heavy work done.  Saves me allot of money later.

Heck...I wasn't talking bout you Steve... I was talkin about all the other old farts here...Your profile says yer 21...I believed it. I just figured you lost yer hair early... By the way...keep going at it the smart way. You're an inspiration to us all...
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 12:38:05 PM »

Geeeee  And my wife still calles me a large child
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 01:18:04 PM »

I'd bloody well KILL for a lift!...  Snotts you are very lucky
indeed. It's on my "to do" wish list for "someday". But at least I do
have garages - 1x1car, 1x2 car, 1x1 car- rental and planning a new 2
car for my summer house in VT... well,  "someday".

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 01:54:25 PM »

Quote from: firedome
I'd bloody well KILL for a lift!...  Snotts you are very lucky indeed. It's on my "to do" wish list for "someday". But at least I do have garages - 1x1car, 1x2 car, 1x1 car- rental and planning a new 2 car for my summer house in VT... well,  "someday".

Thanks, but it's not me that has one, it's Stanley.  I was saying that I was jealous.

I, too, would kill for a lift!  Two weeks ago I attempted - in vain - to install headers on my Newport.  That was 4 hours on my back.  Yuck!  Then, when neither the shortys nor the long tube headers would clear my driver's side, it all seemed for nought!

At least I got my oil changed while the car was up!  Sheesh!

Anyone looking for a set of Sanderson Shortys?  Never been used!!!
It's green here in Chico!!

steve fogel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 07:21:03 PM »

I can do minor work like tighten a Philips screw just beyond hand tight  with one of those newfangled "screwdrivers".    Don't ask for anything more from me.  I have neither the knowledge or wearwithall to go under there anymore.  Let Snotty do it I say.  He loves a challenge, and he doesn't give up until it's screwed up beyond repair.  I'm like Jay Leno, pay somebody else to do it, and take all the credit for it by saying, "We did this, and we did that".   Now that the GTX is spewing coolant all over the passenger side floor, it's about time to take a look at that heater core Snotty.

steve fogel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 07:23:10 PM »

And the emergency brake cable on the Hurst snapped, the wind tore the car cover and the fender turn signals off......there's at least 5 years of Snotty repairs to be done......as soon as he gets done with the Gremlin

steve fogel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 07:25:40 PM »

Snotty only charges lunch for a brake job......but you have to pay bail, fines and penalties after he's arrested for disorderly conduct at the Chinese buffet.    Snotty insists that the sign says, "all you can eat", but he hasn't had quite enough beef with no broccoli yet.

steve fogel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 07:28:32 PM »

Snotty, how much are those blue frame lifts you can put in the garage without digging a hole?  Maybe I'll put one in my capacious 6 car garage, if I can dig up the $$$$$.  Boy that would be sweet.  I'd never get Snotty out of my garage, especially since I have a refrigerator out there that's loaded up with Guinness !   Sure hits the spot when its 108 F here in Bako.

steve fogel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 07:31:35 PM »

No lift needed for Snotty, Polaraco.......Snotty's lost so much weight, he can crawl under Bigfoot while standing up !

Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 09:33:55 PM »

I'm no master mechanic, but I like to do just about anything so I learn more. My good areas are tune ups and routine maintenance. I'll give something my damn best until I drive me or the other person crazy. Over all I just like to learn.

Part of the Jersey Mob.

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 03:53:09 AM »

Quote from: Snotty

I, too, would kill for a lift!  Two weeks ago I attempted - in vain - to install headers on my Newport.  That was 4 hours on my back.  Yuck!  Then, when neither the shortys nor the long tube headers would clear my driver's side, it all seemed for nought!

Its not the lying on my back that gets me...Its the getting up/down to get those blessed tools that I keep needing. Snotty, is Fogel at least a "gopher" for ya??...Does he go for the wrench...go for the socket etc...so you don't have to keep gettin out and up and back down and under again? That's a huge help!! Earn your keep Fogel!Earn your keep!   Once in a great while I can get my lovely bride to do it for me...but not too often! You guys that have a buddy system going...Feel blessed..One day I'm going to find a fellow C-lover/fixer in my area...

furyfever2009-06-03 09:05:48
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009, 06:59:40 AM »

Hurst = Doctor = clean hands = Lotsa of beer
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Jessica

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009, 07:58:32 AM »

You guys crack me up. :)

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009, 09:54:33 AM »

Quote from: hurst1
I can do minor work like tighten a Philips screw just beyond hand tight  with one of those newfangled "screwdrivers".    Don't ask for anything more from me.  I have neither the knowledge or wearwithall to go under there anymore.  Let Snotty do it I say.  He loves a challenge, and he doesn't give up until it's screwed up beyond repair.  I'm like Jay Leno, pay somebody else to do it, and take all the credit for it by saying, "We did this, and we did that".   Now that the GTX is spewing coolant all over the passenger side floor, it's about time to take a look at that heater core Snotty.

Any time my Friend!

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2009, 09:58:02 AM »

Quote from: furyfever

Its not the lying on my back that gets me...Its the getting up/down to get those blessed tools that I keep needing. Snotty, is Fogel at least a "gopher" for ya??...Does he go for the wrench...go for the socket etc...so you don't have to keep gettin out and up and back down and under again?

Agreed Bob.  And, yes, Steve is a big help.  So is my Son when he's around.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC