MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 69 Fury factory AM radio  (Read 397 times)

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
69 Fury factory AM radio
« on: May 28, 2009, 11:08:53 AM »

Well apparently my 69 Fury's factory AM radio gave up the ghost...Odd though...It's all I hear is static when I turn it on...no stations come in...just static. It acts as though I've forgotten to screw the antenna in....but the antenna is in. Anybody know anything about them? Anybody got a good spare sitting around? Thanks, Bob 
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
69 Fury factory AM radio
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 11:35:28 AM »

Any AM stations left??
I know there no more AM stations on the air up here.
I bought an FM convertor and hooked it up.

1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Dan Cluley

• View Profile
69 Fury factory AM radio
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 12:55:07 PM »

WHAM 1180 is in Rochester, and they're powerful enough that I can pick them up in Michigan at night.

Is it possible that the antenna cable has come loose from the back of the radio?  It's just a push in plug.
1965 300 Convertible
1974 Dart Sedan

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
69 Fury factory AM radio
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 05:23:20 PM »

Oh Yeah...lots of AM stations still around Leaburn...Yes especially 1180 WHAM...That one is very loud and clear. Yes Dan, I checked that first thing....looked under there and yes...the antenna wire is still plugged in the back just fine...nice and tight and all the way in. I don't get it?...Usually when these radios go....I remember getting no sound at all. The static is still loud and clear on this one....I'm confused. Did they cut off free radio or something...like they're doing to the free TV?   
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
69 Fury factory AM radio
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 05:59:01 PM »

take a continuity reading between the mast and the antenna plug at the radio.  Chances are the wire gave up the ghost.  Common.
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
69 Fury factory AM radio
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 03:19:43 AM »

Quote from: POLARACO
take a continuity reading between the mast and the antenna plug at the radio.  Chances are the wire gave up the ghost.  Common.

Yes...Very good idea Steve...Thanks! I like to rule out everything before going after the wrong thing!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
69 Fury factory AM radio
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 06:40:56 AM »

If it's recieving the static, chances are it's a broken antenna wire.  Grounded or not.
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC