MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doin the happy dance....  (Read 367 times)

Brian

• View Profile
Doin the happy dance....
« on: May 26, 2009, 07:30:24 PM »

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
Doin the happy dance....
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 03:40:36 AM »

Congratulations Brian, I'm glad you got through it the first time with your wagon...Wow..It sounds like they really make it ridiculously difficult for you to enjoy your old cars. How long has this law been in effect in Canada .....to test the emissions of old cars?...You have to go through this every year?...and they hit you twice (best case) 23$ for test and another 23$ for retest? And I thought NYS was bad??? In NYS where I am...old cars (pre-1996 I think) are not tested for emissions...just inspection (tires, signal/stop lights, brakes etc). For cars manufactured after 1996 it's 21$/year for emission (and inspection)...If you fail emissions (or inspection), then the sky is the limit to get whatever is causing the problem(s) fixed and than another retest @ 21$ until the car passes. A lot of cars are getting junked prematurely because of this....because many times the repair bill exceeds the value of the car! I guess it's just a matter of time before they get to us classic car lovers too...to suck every last extra $ out of us too... I'm so sorry to hear that you have to go through this. My hats off to you. You really must love your C's!! furyfever2009-05-27 11:09:25
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Jessica

• View Profile
Doin the happy dance....
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 05:59:01 AM »

Eymushyons? Wots dat? :)JSands2009-05-27 10:59:12

John B.

• View Profile
Doin the happy dance....
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 07:30:06 AM »

Hi Brian; Good on ya!! One thing to keep in mind your 440 in the wagon, if its original, had a much higher comp. ratio than the 70 motors. I'm sure that helps get a complete burn!
 I've heard the Mohawk with Ethanol works good for air-care. Thank God we haven't  got air- care up here yet!

firedome

• View Profile
Doin the happy dance....
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 06:17:58 AM »

I register my cars in VT - no emissions inspection at all.

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
Doin the happy dance....
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 06:28:16 AM »

Roger...You sly dog...You must own and live in Vermont (summer home) for 6.1 months out of the year? That's good for you!...NY state is visually a very beautiful place but the politicians have turned it into a money pit for us who live here!
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Doin the happy dance....
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 07:01:59 AM »

I just don't get them inspected.  Polaraco has not been inspected in three years.  All the cops seem to think 25 years and forget the rest of the law.  Lucky me they're Egos are larger than their IQ
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
Doin the happy dance....
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 07:40:13 AM »

Quote from: POLARACO
I just don't get them inspected.  Polaraco has not been inspected in three years.  All the cops seem to think 25 years and forget the rest of the law.  Lucky me they're Egos are larger than their IQ

furyfever2009-05-28 12:44:30

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Doin the happy dance....
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 09:36:12 AM »

Our laws are different. . . .  I've been pulled over on the Northway with Polaraco and let go.  (I pleaded a faulty speedo and got away with it)

IN NJ  anything 25 years and older with antique plates does not need to be inspected.  I have battle ship license plates.  LOL  I think they are confused

Snotty

• View Profile
Doin the happy dance....
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 10:09:12 AM »

Making old cars pass Smog tests is like making an 60 year-old run the 50 as part of a physical!  What a joke!!  I'm glad you passed Brian.
In California it's $58.00 for a smog test every other year.  However, only cars 1976 and newer are required, which is good.  BUT, it used to be 1966 and newer, and some of the idiots in Sacramento want to roll that back again!  The facts will demonstrate that most cars 30 years or older are driven an average of 2,000 miles a year or less.  I'm an exception; I put about 6,000 on my Newport every year.   With such low miles, to make them go through a check for smog is evidence of a bias against older cars, and not any relationship to true smog creation.
We do not ahve a safety check here; I don;t know whether that's a good or bad thnig.  I've seen a lot of junk on the road that is quite frightening!
It's green here in Chico!!

Brian

• View Profile
Doin the happy dance....
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 09:44:11 PM »

Quote from: lebaron413
Hi Brian; Good on ya!! One thing to keep in mind your 440 in the wagon, if its original, had a much higher comp. ratio than the 70 motors. I'm sure that helps get a complete burn!

No the motor in the wagon is from a 71 chrysler 300...so it's the lower compression motor and I believe it was close to 100K miles on it too!
Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi

Brian

• View Profile
Doin the happy dance....
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 09:48:42 PM »

Snotty...and others...I have called a spoke with the heads of the Air care program annd gave them examples of US states and their smog testing exemptions for older cars...and they just gave me the run around.

Yup even communist california has looser rules for old cars then BC...but you also need to realise the air care is not for the entire province of BC, just the lower mainland!!  So 95% of BC doesn't have to go through any air care testing, just the few who happen to live in the lower mainland of BC!!
Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Doin the happy dance....
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 05:20:41 AM »

That means it's not poluting when it just killed 20 people hitting the bis because the brakes failed.

Yeah. . .that sounds like California Logic.  If there is such a thing out there. . .
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC