MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cross reference  (Read 571 times)

Keith

• View Profile
cross reference
« on: May 01, 2009, 07:07:14 PM »

Does anyone have a cross reference for serial numbers on a Mopar 4-sd ? I've got all the numbers off of it, but the morons I've talked to cant give me an answer as to what type 4-spd I have or even what it may be worth. It's complete, Clutch, Pressure Plate, Bell Housing, Throwout Bearing, & shifter. It came off a 67' 360 which I know is a Sm block. Can anyone help me ? I'd appericate it if anyone can.

Ken

• View Profile
cross reference
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 09:34:30 PM »

Chrysler only made one 4-speed and that was the 833.
You mention it's off a '67 360 which you know is a small block...are you sure it's not a 318, since the 360 didn't come out until 1972?

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Keith

• View Profile
cross reference
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 03:53:09 AM »

To be honest I cant remember the the exact year the motor was. What I do remember is seeing the 360 stamp on the block and it had a 4bbl Q-Jet carb on it. I sold the engine for $100.00 as is and it turned out to have a cracked block. The motor & tranny came out of a 80' model dodge p/u that I had bought sight unseen. I do know however that it is a car 4-spd. I've no doubt you know your Mopars so now my ? would be whats the setup worth?
  I ck'd a Mopar used parts list price guide and this was the results
 23 Spline 70-74 B&E Body $425.00
 Flywheel $120.00 ( bal 360 $155.00 )
 Throwout Fork A-Body $35.00...B&E Body $55.00
 This doesnt count Bellhousing, Clutch & Pressure Plate, Shifter, Z-Bar, ect.

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
cross reference
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 09:15:19 AM »

Might be the OD A833 four speed then.........

Keith

• View Profile
cross reference
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 02:03:21 PM »

I assuming the OD refers to Overdrive, right ? If so, that still doesnt tell me the value of the setup that I have. Would you care to elaborat on the price of a complete setup ? I do need the $ but I also have my eyes on a 74 Duster, and as bad as the 4 might make it, I dont wanna go thru all the BS to convert from auto to std. I did that once to a 66' Cornet with a 383 4bbl Police Interceptor. That was back in the 70's and it was a pain it the ass to convert from auto to std.
  I have COPD which is a lung disease & might be lung cancer to boot, so it really dont matter one way or another if I sell it or not. I'd just like an honest answer of what the total pkg would be worth. I have 3 kids, a grandson, a wife, and 2 stepsons. Whatever I get out of the setup, goes to my Grandson cause I want him to try and go to College. Hes not even 10 months old yet, but he's my 1st grandbaby so all goes to him

Keith

• View Profile
cross reference
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 02:25:26 AM »

Ok so I'm gonna assume its an 833 or an OD A833, what is either one worth? Maybe this will help, the case is Aluminum, but the side plate & tailshaft is cast Iron or steel. A ll I need to know is if I put it on the market, what is the COMPLETE setup worth ? I dont want to give it away,  yet I dont want to rob anyone either.

Snotty

• View Profile
cross reference
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 08:58:19 AM »

With apologies to my friend Moe, Chrysler did make more than one 4-speed.  Chrysler's New Process Division also made the NP438, a "granny-geared" 4-speed that was put in trucks.  My '87 RamCharger was 360-powered with an NP435.  (I bought it new.) 

You had better check the date on that motor - you might have a truck transmission.
It's green here in Chico!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC