MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chrome paint  (Read 509 times)

Andy

Chrome paint
« on: April 29, 2009, 06:04:20 PM »

Reading thru the forums the other day I came across a web site someone posted in a message for a company that made chrome paint and specialized paints. I went to the site and was impressed by the product but forgot to bookmark the site and I don't remember the name. Al - something or other? Thier paint was named chroma something?
Does anyone know of this site?

Per Therkildsen

• View Profile
Chrome paint
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 09:10:54 PM »

Hey tranch.

Here you go,http://www.alsacorp.com/ here in Denmark we have some paintshops who use their product, and i dont think its close to chrome.

Per
1970 Plymouth Satellite 4 door

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Chrome paint
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 02:52:37 AM »

I've seen it on a lot of bikes.  Looks great as part of a paint scheme but it does'nt replace chroming.  Not by a long shot.  I've seen the videos you're referring to and it looks like a miracle.  But so don't ShamWows.

Andy

Chrome paint
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 05:07:00 AM »

I was thinking of using it on the plastic chromed armrests and some of the other interior plastic chromed pieces, not on any metal pieces. Not good though? Oh well back to the drawing board!

Thanks guys for the info.

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Chrome paint
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 05:17:30 AM »

Quote from: tranch
I was thinking of using it on the plastic chromed armrests and some of the other interior plastic chromed pieces, not on any metal pieces. Not good though? Oh well back to the drawing board!

I think it would be OK for that.  In fact I would try it.
I thought you were referring to bumpers and stuff like that.
Give it a shot.  I'd be interesedt in seeing your results.

Tom Dawson

• View Profile
Chrome paint
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 05:59:55 AM »

Quote from: Commando1
I've seen it on a lot of bikes.  Looks great as part of a paint scheme but it does'nt replace chroming.  Not by a long shot.  I've seen the videos you're referring to and it looks like a miracle.  But so don't ShamWows.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
Tom
They loved him up and turned him into a horny toad( O Brother Where Art Thou? )

Butch Houghton

• View Profile
Chrome paint
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 06:28:01 AM »

It would work fine for arm-rest bases or any other interior plastic parts.

Here's what I found though,    Sprayed the black base,  dusted the chrome over the Dash Cluster ......looked real good for a paint!    Had reflectivity to it ( could see myself ) & I was happy so far.    Sprayed the Clear they give you & it went to a dull silver with no Reflectivity ( no better than a silver paint ),   I was pissed!

So I stripped it all & started over,  shot the black & then the Chrome & stopped  there.  Still looked pretty good ( much better than just a silver or spray can chrome ) so in it went without the clearcoat.    Has held up fine so far.

I haven't called to see what I might have done wrong or of it was a bad batch.   At 120.00 I wasn't buying anymore right now!

Dash Cluster in the car.....

68 Dart GT - 394 Stroker/6 Pack
70 Fury Gran Coupe - 472 Hemi
70 Sport Fury - 383 Magnum FK5

Herman

• View Profile
Chrome paint
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 12:08:36 PM »

Quote from: HemiFury
Here's what I found though,   

Spraybomb chrome and the Alsocorp-type chrome is not the same.
Spraybomb chrome should NEVER be covered by clear. This dissolves the shine and turns it gray like you've found.

Butch Houghton

• View Profile
Chrome paint
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 06:44:59 AM »

If you bothered to read closely,  I was answering the question about Alsa Chrome specifically.

I have used Alsa & even the Eastwood product.   And yes I know very well what the Spray can Chrome does with Clear.   The Alsa with their own clear didn't work.

I know I didn't say Alsa specifically in the post but I thought it was pretty clear I was answering the previous post.

Butch

68 Dart GT - 394 Stroker/6 Pack
70 Fury Gran Coupe - 472 Hemi
70 Sport Fury - 383 Magnum FK5
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC