MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Had a fun day chasing down a couple of bike thiefs  (Read 291 times)

Tom Dawson

• View Profile
Had a fun day chasing down a couple of bike thiefs
« on: April 12, 2009, 04:45:51 PM »

Yesterday afternoon my oldest came home crying hystericall saying that 2 black teesn had stolen his bike from him. Now mind you he just got it for Christmas and was very happy to have a Yellow Hummer H2O 7 speed bike. Since it has gotten warmer and he has this nice bike I told him that he could now ride the side streets of the neighborhood(giving him a sense of freedom from the back alley). Well yesterday his freedom was stolen from him. I ggrabbed my .357 Mag and took him around the neighborhood in the direction he said the kids went, while my wife called the police. after riding around for 20 min the 911 operator called my(wife gave them my cell phone number) and talked to me about not doing anything if I saw them and then I put my son (Travis) on the phone and gave a very good description of the kids who took his bike. I then dropped him off at the house and went riding around for another 25 min before going back to the house. Mind you every person I saw I described the 2 kids that took the bike and gave a description of the bike(it is the only one like it in the neighborhood).
  I was still steamed when I went back out needing to refuel the jeep, after the refueling I went back to looking one more time, nowing that those 2 JAGOFFS lived near my house, as I went up one section of Pearl road and low and behold guess who I saw still wearing the same clothes and hat. The one that took the bike told the other one to run and they took off like scared rabbits. I turn the Jeep around and took chase, catching them at the bottom of the next street over. AS I got out of the Jeep the one that ran from my son said to me I know nothing about a stolen bike-imagine that answering a question that was not asked.
 I call 911 telling them I caught the 2 teens that stole the bike and with the help of a lady who was a neighbor of the one kid got them to stop behind the house where they hid the bike in a garage.
  Now these 2 rocket scientists thinking I would let them go when they gave the bike back got a rude awakening, I told them it was not okay to go(I had told them to stop, that I was placing them under citizens arrest) At this point the owner of the house came out wandering what the commotion was and was surprised tha tone of the kids stored the bike in her garage and was trying to blame her son for stealing the bike. The lady that helped me went to get the one boys mom and my wife showed up with our boys and Travis looked and told me the one with the camo hat took the bike and the other kid was with him BUSTED BOY!!! Now the kid that ran(the one that did not have the camo hat) his mom showed up being a little defension about her son saying that he would not do that until she heard what my son said and then the fireworks started, man was he getting smacked and she dargged him up to the house(that was accross the street) the other one(with some forcing to stay) was there when the cop showed up. Now this ASSHOLE would not co-operate with the nice officer so he was cuffed and placed in the cruiser(non-Mopar, GM Impala). The cop the went accross the street to the other kids house, told the mom that the papers with the charges will arrive by mail(he even said that the kid was going to get his ASS beat bad-he even said he did not care how bad she did it either) and the fisrt kid with the hat was going to Shuman for Easter.
  My son was thanked by the officer for the great description and ID- the wife and I both praised his help and let him ride his bike back home. All in all it ended up being a great day
with the great help from my son Travis. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share some news.
    Tom
They loved him up and turned him into a horny toad( O Brother Where Art Thou? )

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 05:11:35 PM »

I give Kid #2's Mom a  too.  It was just todays kids being Kids.

And Travis gets a    For a job well done.

And Mom for being so supportive.

Now as far as Dad is concerned, you took an awful risk.  You could have gotten your .  But it worked out.

Over all?  Good Job to all
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Tom Dawson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 05:17:20 PM »

I never thought about the risk, just wanted to retrieve a bike, just being a dad, watching over his kids-want them to feel safe in their own neighborhood.
Tom

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »

I agree with you.

Most people when they see me and I am po'd scatter.

Elaine is the one you have to look out for. . . .  I don't even mess with her.
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 05:44:21 PM »

..And I thought searching for Easter eggs was fun...
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 02:50:10 AM »

"I grabbed my .357 Mag and...  my wife called the police."

Man, what were you thinking....

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 03:51:03 AM »

A Very Good Day for you, your son, and the VT Cap'n! 

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Tom Dawson

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 07:12:23 AM »

I told you guys after the last shooting behind the old homestead I was thinking of putting in a .50cal nest on the roof-let 'em know not to mess with my family or myself.
Tom

Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 01:25:11 PM »

Give em hell Tom!!! Glad you taught them punks a lesson. Damned kids will act big and bad until someone steps up to em. Then they run scared like the cowards they are, they should go out and work for the money to buy their own bike. I'm glad they got their asses beat, that's whats wrong today, can't give a kid a good whack to keep em straight without half the world crying about it!

Kudos to you Tom, and your son Travis!!

Part of the Jersey Mob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC