MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why roadside assistance is a GOOD thing  (Read 481 times)

Ken

• View Profile
Why roadside assistance is a GOOD thing
« on: May 12, 2009, 05:44:01 PM »

and NOT having a good jack and wheel chucks is a BAD thing.

You ever get that feeling that there's SOMETHING going to happen to your ride, but you don't know what makes you think that until it happens, and THEN you have the "Eureka!" moment?

Like, "Oh! THAT'S what that rattling sound I heard was!" after parking your car only  to have the engine do it's "Running At Daytona" impression before you turn off the ignition but AFTER you took your foot off the pedal.  You follow me?

No?
 Ok, I'll paint a picture for you...actually, I'll display 2 pictures for you ('cause Charlie don't surf, and Moesy don't paint)

Mmmmmmmmmmyeah...so I figured out the upper throttle rod separated from the pivoting linkage, thereby causing Chaz to have his 440 do previously mentioned impression after coming to a stop to park when my bro and I went out to lunch today.  He heard the engine race and was about to chastize me for revving the engine until he saw my foot was not on the pedal

We got lunch, and since I couldn't easily see where the rod was supposed to connect to but I could feel the now disconnected rod acting like a dropped anchor holding the carb WOT.

At least he had a cell phone so he could call his supervisor and have her pass along a message to my sup as to WHY we were going to be late getting back from lunch.  20 minutes latem but the walk didn't kill us.

IF I had a jack and two wheel chocks, I probably could have reattached the rod, but I have the roadside assistance, and used that to take it to the shop where you see Chaz being dropped off to.  Besides, he's due for an oil change and the valvecover gaskets are leaking, and I want to make sure the axle is OK with enough lube in the housing before I blaze a trail to BACONFEST at Sears Point Raceway (aka Infineon, after ze Germans threw cash at the place for naming rights) http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads /showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=5026655&page=0 ...but I digress.

So, how's everyone else doing?

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 01:45:26 PM »

I turned out the upper rod was from the Auto-Pilot, and after getting that reconnected and adjusted, it seems to me ol' Chaz has a bit more pep off the line (Woohooo!).

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 03:57:22 PM »

I trust there is no engine damage. . .
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 04:10:55 PM »

It doesn't seem to have any engine damage, and is running as good as before...we'll see how things are in a few weeks when I drive out to the Bay Area.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 04:32:30 PM »

Bring your jack
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 05:41:27 PM »

Quote from: POLARACO
Bring your BUY A jack
Fixed it

Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC