MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie here....  (Read 4757 times)

Guests

Newbie here....
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2011, 07:45:14 AM »

Quote from: furyman67
Quote from: birdman652001

I will stop trying to save you money after I point this last thing out in reference to your purchase of a sway bar that is different then yours. See the straight bar that runs along the right side of the picture? At the bottom right corner there is a clamp and a through bolt for the sway bar. Look at the end of the swaybar and the way it attaches to the forward control arm, then look at the new swaybar and picture. The "new" swaybar will require some manufacturing to attach it to the lower control arm, as in a bracket that needs to be bolted (thus a bolt hole drilled into the lower control arm) or welded (still extra work).

Either way, yes, it is your money, your labor, your hassle, I'm done.

Jay

• View Profile
Newbie here....
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2011, 03:06:53 PM »

the one the person had in his bar is the exact same as this one i have. i dont know how that is different?

okay... look at these pictures.  two above are MINE... two below i got from the website.

Factory set linkage

linkages from my friend....

NEW firmfeel sway bar on a person's project car..

NOTICE IT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE MY SWAY BAR SET UP???
 ALSO if you look at my first picture near my DATE stamp, AND the last picture (below) looks like the SAME set up as this one.. keep in mind, he didnt realize his SWAY Bar was suppose to be ABOVE the control arm and not below it... so he changed it the right way according to MY CAR PIC.

I guess im CONFUSED on what youre trying to say? its like i have to do IT YOUR WAY because you said so. Okay DAD.

Keep in MIND you saw a ONE photo from that firmfeel website and i knew that is NOT the sway bar but it is whats posted on that site. If you read on that site, you MUST tell them what you NEED for a sway bar set up... the one on that PHOTO is a B body sway bar and NOT a C bc B body are more popular than C body. so the photo YOU saw is not what i was referring to. see below picture and you will see my car and this guy's 67 Chrsyler is totally the same set up.

IM DONE.
birdman6520012011-11-22 20:18:11

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Newbie here....
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2011, 04:25:35 PM »

I'll see if I can find the ones I have this weekend
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Guests

Newbie here....
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2011, 05:24:58 PM »

Wow, it worked. Look at this swaybar (above) and compare it to your swaybar (below), they do not swap. You need the link shown at the right of the top picture, your bar is not this kind, so, if you can get the  two links (a matching pair so they handle the same), you can forget the rest of the bar, it is not the same kind of attachment (look at your connection and the left side of this pictue of the top picture and the right side of the bottom picture, the ends are physically different), thus you are either going to be fabricating, or, wasting your money.

I am not your dad, so don't go there, I'm not interested in a fight, just trying to help you from doing more work than is necessary, and I have wasted enough money myself on things that didn't work, so trying to help your money go farther than mine.

dana442011-11-22 22:27:14

Jay

• View Profile
Newbie here....
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2011, 05:51:46 PM »

HAHAH!!!  you didnt read what i said... THAT PICTURE IN THE WEBSITE IS "NOT" the bar for the 66 Chrysler... READ.... READ... that PICTURE... IS.. NOT... THE .... SWAY ... BAR... FOR ... THE CAR.....

THIS is the GUYs CAR where he BOUGHT his SWAY BAR KIT from FIRMFEEL.com.

THIS IS MINE... IDENTICAL!!!!  ALL I HAVE TO DO IS CALL AND TELL THEM I HAVE A 1966 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER AND THEY WILL SHIP THE SAME ONE THAT GUY GOT IN HIS FRICKING PICTURE ABOVE.

seriously... are you drunk? who said the picture on the website is the one i think will work? im not interested in that PICTURE you posted up. are you really that blind?

Jay

• View Profile
Newbie here....
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2011, 05:56:11 PM »

PLEASE do me a fricking favor... click on this site...

http://www.cbodydrydock.com/forum_viewtopic.php?5.115445

THEN i asked where he found this sway bar bc its what im lookign FOR.. he stated FIRMFEEL.com... so please.. spare me the idiocracy thinking that sway bar you posted that you copied and pasted from the FIRMFEEL.com site rather than listening to what i fricken said...

when they gave me the SITE... http://www.firmfeel.com/swaybars_c.htm this is a PHOTO rep for a B-body and they stated you need to call them and tell them youre looking for a 66 C body sway bar... then they will send you the RIGHT ONE...

im done...  apparently someone cant see what im seeing. that bar Dana44 is totally different than the one with teh RED car showing off his firmfeel.com sway bar he bought and installed on HIS car...  that picture on the firmfeel is just a PHOTO in general. it is NOT the 1966's sway bar actual picture.

i feel like im talking to a dead horse. i think i will stick to Cbody Drydock since they know what they are saying and totally understood what i was asking. i guess you can say if i order it and its wrong... so be it... if its right.. dana44 is wrong.

birdman6520012011-11-22 22:59:03

Jay

• View Profile
Newbie here....
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2011, 06:10:21 PM »

get it now?

the guy said when he installed his NEW sway bar from Firmfeel.com, he didnt realize he installed it upside down.. he got it fixed and put it where it suppose to be.. LIKE mine...

DO THE PICTURES HELP DANA44???? 

birdman6520012011-11-22 23:11:38

Jay

• View Profile
Newbie here....
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2011, 06:21:27 PM »

pictures from C-body DRYDOCK site.

enough said. im not gonna explain anymore. that is CLEARLY the same bar as mine. EXACT BAR THS GUY ORDERED FROM FIRMFEELCOM.  when HE ordered, he said he needed a C -body sway bar kit... that is WHAT he got... not what the picture that Dana44 posted. that is not the correct one. like with Justsuspension.com.. as what steve said.. CALL THEM to get the correct part... same thing with FIRMFEEL.com.

Guests

Newbie here....
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2011, 06:45:50 PM »

A professional site needs to post correct pictures, especially if someone is going to use them as a reference with a model and year within the heading above the picture.

Have fun.

R. Dave Carr

• View Profile
Newbie here....
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2012, 05:30:14 PM »

Smells like spammer in here!
1968 Newport Convertible

Guests

Newbie here....
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2012, 05:36:38 PM »

Fixed it. Kind of neat that there is a link in the footnote to point them out, most are automatic of some sort according to Steve.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC