MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Out of a job.....  (Read 540 times)

Tom Dawson

• View Profile
Out of a job.....
« on: February 28, 2009, 02:45:47 PM »

Well as some of you know that as of yesterday(2/27/09) I was put on indefinate lay off
from work. This was due to the USEC(United States Energy Commission) cutting the funding for the Centerfuge plant being built in Ohio. This lay off affects about 40 people and if the funding opens up I will be called back to work, if the funding does not happen then well you know ht rest of that story. I'm not worried about being let go, I can collect up to 46 weeks of unemployment and if my state qualifies as having high unemployment rate I can collect up to an additional 12 weeks, so if I do get laid off for an indeffinate period of time I might go back to school(what do I want to be when I grow up)
  The plus is being that I do work for a temp agency my manager is looking for another place for me to work, plus I am looking on line and applied for a UPMC warehouse job today(this job was only posted 9 hours before I applied) so I have both time and God on my side. So I will look on the brightside as I have all along and not worry about what will be, the bills are paid for and not to mention that I can sit back and collect for a while and watch my youngest grow up(Daddy Daycare is now open).
   God Bless to all
          Tom
They loved him up and turned him into a horny toad( O Brother Where Art Thou? )

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
Out of a job.....
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 06:33:41 PM »

Hey,on the bright side,Daddy Day Care can be Two Guys Garage.
CBarge2009-02-28 23:35:36
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

James Brown Jr,

• View Profile
Out of a job.....
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 06:55:43 PM »

hey Daddy Day Care is a fun job.
sorry to hear about your job.
176K miles 10/22

firedome

• View Profile
Out of a job.....
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 03:06:38 PM »

Good luck to you - I did the Daddy day care thing while I was getting my Masters in '79/80. Best year of my life... 

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Tim Kelly

• View Profile
Out of a job.....
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 03:53:40 PM »

No matter what your age, going back to school can't hurt. My generation is probably the last, where a HS diploma still got you a decent paying job. Today, it seems unless you have a degree from higher eduation, you won't be given an opportunity for a well paying position, no matter what experience you may have.
In the early 1980's when I was living in Ohio, I was laid off 8 times as a apprentice tool & die maker. Seeing no future in Ohio, I left the state for Illinois, went back to school and changed careers.
Take advantage of the time you have while on unemployment and most of all, enjoy your time with your children. Before you know it, they will be grown and you will have joined the rat race once again.
1972 Imperial 2 Door Hard Top
1969 Chrysler 300 Convertible
2006 Chrysler Hemi C

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
Out of a job.....
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 05:39:06 PM »

Tom- sorry to here this news...
I think I missed a job in there somewhere, as I thought you were still at the Chrysler dealership, just at reduced hours.....what was this new, but ex-job?

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
Out of a job.....
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 11:26:16 AM »

Join the Club Tom, My wife lost her job due to lay-offs too on 2-6-09.  Somethings gotta give!!! ardog2009-03-02 16:27:09

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Out of a job.....
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 11:51:15 AM »

Quote from: ardog
  Somethings gotta give!!!
Yah.  Obama's giving us all $215.  Sheeesh....

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
Out of a job.....
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 12:18:11 PM »

Hmmmmm.....what's a hunting rifle cost?

Not for me....uh ..... for a gift.....

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Tom Dawson

• View Profile
Out of a job.....
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 06:05:02 PM »

Stitcher the Dealership was 2 jobs ago-I was building valves for a centrafuge plant that was being built in Ohio-then the federal funding went by the way side-so now me no worky.
Before that I was locating utility lines then I had a melt down-that was around the time dad was in the hospital and being extreamly busy and not being able to see dad I sort of lost it.
Not worried, I can collect unemployment for as long as possible,
Daddy Daycare is now open for business.
    Tom
They loved him up and turned him into a horny toad( O Brother Where Art Thou? )

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Out of a job.....
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 01:57:08 AM »

Quote from: stitcherbob
Hmmmmm.....what's a hunting rifle cost?
Not for me....uh ..... for a gift.....
Secret Service surrounded the house yet?

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
Out of a job.....
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 03:16:09 AM »

You misunderstand....I need it to stop rampaging chimps.....like in that cartoon....
stitcherbob2009-03-03 09:27:17

Tim Kelly

• View Profile
Out of a job.....
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 10:08:26 AM »

FYI for anyone recently unemployed....The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 President Obama rolled out includes a subsidy for COBRA contiuation of your employer based medical plan. The Federal Government will provide a subsidy of 65% of the premium for up to 9 months, for workers who lost coverage between 9-1-08 and 12-31-09. Even if you didn't elect COBRA continuation when you lost employment, and your 60 day election period has expired, you can elect COBRA continuation for 3-1-09. The COBRA Subsidy goes into effect on 3-1-09, however, if you lost coverage and elected COBRA from 9-1-08, you will be eligible for the subsidy, retroactively. For current COBRA participants, when you get your 3-1-09 COBRA notice which includes the premium amount, pay it as it is billed. The 65% subsidy will be applied retroactively, if applicable, from 3-1-09.
This is a subsidy which will certainly help those recently unemployed by not having to pay the entire premium for COBRA, but it will place an even heavier burden on the employers of this country.
1972 Imperial 2 Door Hard Top
1969 Chrysler 300 Convertible
2006 Chrysler Hemi C

firedome

• View Profile
Out of a job.....
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 12:26:35 PM »

Bob, that is sick. 

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC