MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After 13 Years, 1 Month and 1 Day...  (Read 265 times)

Snotty

• View Profile
After 13 Years, 1 Month and 1 Day...
« on: February 03, 2009, 10:26:31 AM »

...we finally bought another new car!  Yes, it was on December 27, 1995 when Frances and I purchased our last new car, and it was the Startus that we still have.

We bought a 2009 Chrysler Sebring Limited.  It's a real nice car with many options including leather, heated seats. 

We went to the local Dodge and Pontiac Dealerships trying to make a deal on an Avenger GT and a G6 GT, but neither would drop to where we wanted.  So, if we were going to have to purchase a 4 banger - to Chrysler we went!  We got the Limited for $20,798 out the door!  The funny thing is the window sticker was the same as that on the G6 - $24, 500.  If only Pontiac was willing to deal as Chrysler was.

Recession, where?  Frances and I were surprized with what they were not willing to do.

We bought this last Friday night.  I've hesitated to say anything because of the economy - didn't want to appear bragging. 

Frances only wanted to pay so much a month and did not want to have to come up with a large down payment.  She didn't want to touch reserves because of the economy.   We got 2 grand in rebates from Chrysler and received a better rate from them than our Credit Union was offering.  So, we got the payments we wanted, did not end up buying used, didn't have to put one dime down, and have a sweet car.  God did truly bless us!  Remember Malachi 3:10!

I took a picture on my cell phone and sent it to Jerry and my Sister.  So, if you would like to see it, give me a call!
It's green here in Chico!!

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 11:04:27 AM »

I bet after 13 years that Stratus doesn't have a spot of rust anywhere on it. Am I right? You should see what a typical 95 Strutus looks like here in Rochester, NY! On a clear day sitting here at my desk....I can hear the cars rusting out in the parking lot.  I'm glad you were blessed Snotty and even more happy to hear you give God the glory for it! I wish all could. 

Bob
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 12:05:14 PM »

It may not have any rust. . .But it's covered with Duct Tape
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 12:18:18 PM »

I'd rather have my cajones ripped off by rapid pitbulls while having Dr.  Mengle drill my teeth without novacain than deal with buying a new car...

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 12:47:27 PM »

Stan, it's not that bad Buddy!  I'll go with you next time.

Thanks Bob.  And, you're right, no rust anywhere.  However, the paint is bad.  It just seems to be typical of Mopar to have lousy paint.  My Ramcharger developed spots, as did my Van, the Stratus, and my Daughter's Neon. 

Steve, no, no duct tape!  It does have 168,000 miles though!
It's green here in Chico!!

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 12:56:34 PM »

I've seen it...no duct tape...congrats on the new purchase!

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 01:25:58 PM »

Quote from: Snotty
Stan, it's not that bad Buddy!  I'll go with you next time.

Thanks Bob.  And, you're right, no rust anywhere.  However, the paint is bad.  It just seems to be typical of Mopar to have lousy paint.  My Ramcharger developed spots, as did my Van, the Stratus, and my Daughter's Neon. 

OK Mechanics wire.  Good thing Elaine retired.  Her salary won't be dependent on all the gum sales lost. 

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 01:42:08 PM »

By the way Snotty

Congrats. 

Does this mean Francis is not pushing the 70 Chrysler anymore?

Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 01:48:28 PM »

Congrads to you Brother Snotty!
   Lots of luck to you! enjoy the new car smell and the nice weather I'm sure your having.

Part of the Jersey Mob.

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 02:49:20 PM »

Thank you Snotty for helping out Chrysler in her time of need!

My Neon has 175,000 and the only rust is on the millions of rock chips and where the full buck deer hit the rear 1/4....

Remember the Malachi Crunch!

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC