MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 1958 350 GC Plymouth build  (Read 5095 times)

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
1958 350 GC Plymouth build
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2009, 04:00:17 AM »

[/QUOTE]

I am going after them in every way I know how Bob. The internet is just one of the ways...They are not keeping themselves clean at all. I am very saddened to hear how widespread this is and I'm sure I'm just seeing "the tip of the iceberg". What do you mean by triple damages?
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2009, 05:53:48 AM »

Really sorry to hear this heartbreaking story - I elaborated on the
other thread... been wondering why we hadn't heard for awhile...

Bob, they probably don't have the cash - maybe one way out would be to
negotiate to get the car back with 25K total worth of car & parts
and get it finished here in NY... if you do get it back I can highly
recommend a friend in Norwich, White Barn Restorations,  who
specializes in restoring Mopar Muscle but likes FLs, he has my old 57
Plymmie Burb wagon. I think I mentioned him last year before you
committed to MLC. He painted my MGB.  I can send you pics... he's
more or less "local", just below Syracuse. Great guy to work with.

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2009, 06:11:21 AM »

Roger, Thank you very much for your good thoughts. If they'd only be upfront with me. My goodness...If they came to me and said "we don't have the money" I 'd be more than happy to get the truth and try to work something else out....They just keep on telling me that I will get paid...only to keep coming up with excuses when another deadline goes by. The father, Scott Verdung even told me over the phone: I swear on my mother's grave that I will pay you back in full. I will not run with your money. The son, Edwin Verdung told me, I have never screwed anybody and I'm not about to start with you. I have that one in writing.  The last deadline was this past Saturday December 5th....The day before, (Dec. 4 ) they sent me a fake wire transfer form stating that the money had been wired into my account. After checking into it yesterday their bank told us that they could not verify that the form had come from them. So in other words this form had been drawn up by someone other than the bank employee who's signature was on it....and guess what...My bank verified that no money was on it's way too as did their bank.  If I could get a car out of them that would be great...but that's not going to happen when I can't get a straight story from them about anything. There's more too. I've gotten the NYS police involved. New sordid tales are emerging each day. I am not the only one that has been ripped off. If there is a day when I can come back from this devastating experience I will surely consdier the restorer you have mentioned. I'm only 1.5 hrs from Syracuse.

Thanks again Roger,
Bob
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Rick Chaplin "julio"

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2009, 06:23:41 AM »

HO fesec!  Oh crap!  Oh stineroo!  Oh ^%$#!

Trusting, suposidly, a 'friend' and now going through this,,,,,,,  Bobby, you the same as got kicked in the teeth, then spit on while yer laying there bleeding!

I KNOW there is absoulty nothing I can do ,,,,,,,, but lend a shoulder, (that won't resolve the situation)

I was 'looking forward' to your "FURY"

The Postal Inspectors, won't get involved unless you used a official Postal Money Order,,,,,.
But, I would STILL go to you head PO, (NOT your little branch) and fill out a form of mail fraud, and see IF they can help you.

I have three misdealings with ebay like that.  Ebay woldn't help me.  So I filled out the forums for the PO, and it took a year, but they (the Postal Inspectors) DID arrest a college student that was scamming people on ebay.
The other, I cancled.
The third took a year and a half, but i finally go my $$ back.

Does anyone know how Bily Gibson is doing?  He took Garvie's car up there for them to do a total restoration on?
Wanted:  Application submitted to a village  looking for an idiot.  They Found Alumadud and hired him

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2009, 06:44:47 AM »

Quote from: alumcanTandThd
HO fesec!  Oh crap!  Oh stineroo!  Oh ^%$#!

Trusting, suposidly, a 'friend' and now going through this,,,,,,,  Bobby, you the same as got kicked in the teeth, then spit on while yer laying there bleeding!

I KNOW there is absoulty nothing I can do ,,,,,,,, but lend a shoulder, (that won't resolve the situation)

I was 'looking forward' to your "FURY"

The Postal Inspectors, won't get involved unless you used a official Postal Money Order,,,,,.
But, I would STILL go to you head PO, (NOT your little branch) and fill out a form of mail fraud, and see IF they can help you.

I have three misdealings with ebay like that.  Ebay woldn't help me.  So I filled out the forums for the PO, and it took a year, but they (the Postal Inspectors) DID arrest a college student that was scamming people on ebay.
The other, I cancled.
The third took a year and a half, but i finally go my $$ back.

Hi Rick, Thanks for your thoughts ol' friend...Unfortunately, I did not use an official PO Money Order. I initially sent/payed them $15k with a personal check and then a month later I wire transfered them an additional $10k to upgrade to the Fury. Billy Gibson was instrumental in my decision to do this. I talked to him prior to signing the contract along with several others who were all ecstatic about their work. Martin Sanchez spoke highly of them too. For those of you who don't know, MArtin has the other movie car and it's up there at MLC too. But it was Bill's decision to go with MLC that was the real "clincher" for me. I figured that if he was trusting them with his "movie car" it was all going to be alright and I was going to get the best of the best. This couldn't be any farther from the truth. Thanks for your thoughts. If you have any other suggestions I'm all ears...Thanks, Bob  

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2009, 07:19:48 AM »

Bob

Refresh my memory.

These guys are outside Syrecuse?
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2009, 07:22:53 AM »

Bob, it may be if you give them an "out" by offering to take an
existing undone, or partly finished car, and parts, equivalent to your
cash (value'd have to be determined by a neutal appraiser I'd guess)
they'd perhaps may be willing to play ball just to close this out and
get you off their back.... this is how a business would look at it
generally... cut losses and move on.  If things get too
complicated with lawsuits etc, only the lawyers will benefit in the
end! 

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2009, 07:37:27 AM »

Quote from: POLARACO
Bob

Refresh my memory.

Steve...

http://ccc.informe.com/forum/vendor-advertising-feedback-f11/bad-business-memory-lane-classics-of-chisholm-minnesota-t1836.html

It's a good story if you click on the link...worth your while...but if not...The title of the link tells you that they are in Chisholm, Minnesota.  

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2009, 08:25:08 AM »

Sounds like another Aloha Automotive Services scenario.  A lot of good people got screwd there, too.

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2009, 05:37:48 PM »

Hmmmm

All I got was a blank page

Try contacting the bank where the money went.  Your bank ought to be able to give you all the information.  Then when you tell that bank, you may be able to get a phone number.

I guess i better get the ol' wagon out of hibernation.  I suspect you and I may be taking a ride to Minisota.  I'll bring some beef with me.  We can bring it to Rochester or make arrangements with someone else where a set of eyes can be put on the car.  Like Bob's or mine.

There are several guys around here who are good.  Or if you want to wait for it, I can take it to my guy, who is anal and one heck of a body guy.  This way we can watch the car for you and make sure it's done right.  Maybe even put our fingers in it to help.

I feel your frustration. . . .  You better act on it quickly before it's gone.

I'm on that roll because I just filed against a customer for defrauding me out of 65,000 bucks.  The American Indian mob is worse than any of the other ones.  You just don't read about us.    And no, Hoffa was not part of the tribe.

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2009, 05:45:29 PM »

I REALLY NEED MY PASSPORT--NOW!! CBarge2009-12-08 22:46:48
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2009, 06:58:46 PM »

Yeah  there you go. . .

Lea picks you up, we meet somewhere down by Rt 80 and go get the car.

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2009, 07:17:52 PM »

Bob 

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2009, 07:26:53 PM »

I would get the car out of there, pay for what has been done and get it to someone who will be close enough for you to keep an eye on it.  Or one of us can. . .  I know I certainly will for you. 

I don't have a closed trailer, but it's big enough to haul basket cases.  Not looking forward to going to Minisota this time of year though. . .  But for you and the cause I will.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC