MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it 2009 yet?  (Read 232 times)

Tom Dawson

• View Profile
Is it 2009 yet?
« on: December 30, 2008, 06:27:15 PM »

All I ask is it 2009 yet? This year tops the list of all time CRAPPY YEARS. First and foremost was the passing of my Father
2) the passing of my grandma
3)no money to do anything
4)borrowed money from mom to buy Christmas gifts for the boys
5)12 overdrafts on the checking account(wife is lucky to be alive-4 overdrafts in December
alone costing $156 bucks-at 39 bucks a pop)
6) mom talked me into taking my grandmas old TV(mine while working was not that great)this TV has a loud Hum-Buzz to it-that fuzzy picture on the old one was not that bad to get this thing(wife gave old TV to her sister-so can not get that back)
7) still need to replace the ceiling in the attic(had to rip out because of mold from the old leaky roof)
8)just by being kicked in the balls everytime I turned around then smacked in the face with a 2X4 for good measure.
 The few good spots are I am still alive-still married(for now), the kids are happy
the new roof is still over my head and I still have some of my sanity left(hurry it is going fast)
thank you for my end of year rant
IS IT 2009 YET????
 Tom 
They loved him up and turned him into a horny toad( O Brother Where Art Thou? )

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
Is it 2009 yet?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 06:51:23 PM »

Tom I agree with you wholeheartedly.....what a freakin lousy year....hope the next is a turnaround, but the way the economy looks now that'll be a miracle.

The only bright side for me is the upcoming new shop I will have built out here in PA because we sold our Joisey shop that has been in my family since 1928.....

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Bill Mounteer

• View Profile
Is it 2009 yet?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 07:28:15 PM »

The few good spots are I am still alive-still married(for now), the kids are happy
the new roof is still over my head and I still have some of my sanity left(hurry it is going fast)
thank you for my end of year rant
IS IT 2009 YET????
[/QUOTE]

Tom, get your head out of your butt!  Your marriage works, your wife loves you, your kids are happy, everyone is healthy and your roof doesn't leak .... so what have you got to complain about?   Buddy of mine lost his wife this year to breast cancer, another lost his 15 year old daughter to a drug over dose and a neighbour down the street had his house burn down and he lost everything but the clothes on his back.  Count your blessings, I think you've got lots to count!

Some days you eat bear, some days the bear eats you!

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Is it 2009 yet?
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 02:00:27 AM »

I almost lost Pamela in '06.
There were times in '07 that Pamela would not see '08.

I refused to give up.

Though sheer bullheadedness (and a touch of selfishness) Pamela regained her health and is now healtherthan she has been in 10 years.

'08 became the best year of my life.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC