MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Hate Ecology Auto Parts!  (Read 285 times)

azblackhemi

• View Profile
I Hate Ecology Auto Parts!
« on: December 27, 2008, 12:20:51 PM »

Every time I go to Ecology they piss me off. Today I found a pretty complete 73 Polara Custom. Of course I grabbed the dicc brake set up. Well they charge for every little part so by the time they totaled it up it came to $219. They charged $24 in  core charges $6 enviormental fee, and of course tax. I wasn't real happy but paid I it. After I got it all loaded in the wheelbarrow to take it to the gate she says I'm sorry sir, I forgot to charge you for the calipers. That'll be another $36 each.  Well I came unglued and told her there is no way I'm paying $300 for a set of brakes that I had to pull myself. Just give me my money back I said. Well luckily she realized if I didn't take them they would just go in the scrap bin since they wouldn't have a clue what they came off of, so she let me take it for the original $219. The only reason I keep going back to them is they have all the good cars. There is another U pull it yard I used to like but Ecology bought it out too. OK rant over. If anyone needs 73 Polara parts let me know. It has a good grille, front bumper, hood, right front fender and misc trim and mouldings. The car is a rust free Az car. I'll be glad to get the parts and ship them for members here.  Hereis a pic of the disc set up.
Horder of all NY'er's Newports, 300's and all other interesting "C" Bodies.Road Wheels AND SNAKES!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 01:20:25 PM »

Rebuilt Calipers are $35.00 each.  5 Bucks for the pair.

If it were me, I would have taked the calipers off and dumped them on the desk.  Did she charge you for the seals too?

I'm not asking you for any parts unless they come from your private stock.  I don't wanna hear ya cryin.  
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 01:25:15 PM »

ECOLOGY auto parts?  Seems like the only thing green about them is the color of money.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »

Quote from: Commando1
ECOLOGY auto parts?  Seems like the only thing green about them is the color of money.

They make it sound like they are doing us a favor.

Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

azblackhemi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 03:31:02 PM »

Quote from: Commando1
How true, how true!
Horder of all NY'er's Newports, 300's and all other interesting "C" Bodies.Road Wheels AND SNAKES!!

azblackhemi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 03:38:17 PM »

Quote from: POLARACO

Rebuilt Calipers are $35.00 each.  5 Bucks for the pair.

If it were me, I would have taked the calipers off and dumped them on the desk.  Did she charge you for the seals too?

I would've taken off the calipers but she wound up giving them to me for free so she didn't have to refund all my money. The sad part is I've got a 73 NY'er parts car with a complete disc set up and I only paid $200 for the whole car. It even had a 440 in it. Even though I paid too much it will still be nice when it's on a car.

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 05:25:08 PM »

You keepin that 73 disc set up Chris??? Or is it for sale?

ardog2008-12-27 22:25:59

azblackhemi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 06:18:59 PM »

Quote from: ardog

I've got 3 sets now but I'm probably gonna keep them all because I have 3 cars that need them. My 68 sportsgrain, 68 Sport Fury and my 66 NY'er all have drum brakes now. If I change my mind I'll let you know Ar.

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 09:06:49 PM »

An environmental fee for taking junk OUT of a junkyard? Do they pay you to bring your old oil in and spill it on their ground? 

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 06:16:25 AM »

Quote from: azblackhemi
Quote from: ardog

I've got 3 sets now but I'm probably gonna keep them all because I have 3 cars that need them. My 68 sportsgrain, 68 Sport Fury and my 66 NY'er all have drum brakes now. If I change my mind I'll let you know Ar.
Ok thanks Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC