MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Memory Lane Classics  (Read 230 times)

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
Memory Lane Classics
« on: December 07, 2008, 11:47:25 AM »

Has anyone here had any recent experience with Memory Lane Classics in Chisholm, Minnesota? I see they build 57-58 Plymouths, Christine clones, Furys etc. Very expensive but when done, one gets a turn key car that is completly brand new and delivered to your door. Ten years of looking could be over if I want to spend the big bucks.
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Memory Lane Classics
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 12:33:49 PM »

Instaed of spending it on a car. . .How about spending it on me!

I have heard a few small issues post sale with them with warranty work.  But nothing major
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Memory Lane Classics
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 12:55:54 PM »

A guy restoring a car takes the biggest hit.  Wait till the Jan - Feb big name auctions.  Buy a #1 car for less than it cost to build.  That's my thinking....

Rick Chaplin "julio"

• View Profile
Memory Lane Classics
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 02:59:29 PM »

Bobby.  That was basically what the BIG war was all about, over on the FwdLk forums, between the two Christine clubs
Donnie d own there in Tenn, Scott and Edwin out in Minn.  They BOTHbuild Chrstine car and each have their own following.

MLC also does "Elenors"

Billy Gibson in FL who has one of the movie cars, who bought it from "Coach" and Derek Garvie.  Has contracted MLC to re-do his car.

The one Christine club was invited to the Playboy Mansion.  Two of the movie actors was there, "Vandenburg", and "Reperton"
Part ofthe club was out in Calif and found the house they used for Cunningham's.  Plus the liquer store, which is ACTUALLY a liquer store, used in the movie

You have to join the one Christine club, to see the 'uncensored' pictures at the Playboy place.  (WOW!!!  Where do they get that many good lookin' women to run around totally nekkid in one place,,,,,,?)

The one picture of a group at the Playboy Mansion, that has Chip Foose in it.  To the 'left of Foose, is "Reperton" and to the left of him is "Vandenburg"
Right behind the Christine banner is (with his head poking up, is Edwin, and holding the one corner of the banner looking up, (away from the camera) is Scott.

I have met and talked in person with Scott, and Edwin.  (Father and son)  When they and myslef was donw at Johnny G's place in Ocala, last year.

I personally will NOT own a whore house red vehicle!  Any other color of red, but, whore house, is OK!
So that means, that I will never have a Christine.

Check 'em both out if you want someplace/body to build you a 'turn-key' Christine.
Donnie and his wife does his work.   MLC has several workers/specialests that do the work up there.
Wanted:  Application submitted to a village  looking for an idiot.  They Found Alumadud and hired him

firedome

• View Profile
Memory Lane Classics
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 04:29:07 AM »

From what I've seen Donnie does good work, but perhaps not on the level
of ML... he's basically a talented amateur who's just retired from
being an EMT and  getting started in the business without top
level experience and infrastructure... he's a good guy and honest
though. Depends on what you want and can spend. He'd definitely be more
reasonable on price, maybe faster, and you'd get a good car, but
perhaps not concours quality.

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!