MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: advice/in-put/out-put/anykind of-put  (Read 608 times)

Rick Chaplin "julio"

• View Profile
advice/in-put/out-put/anykind of-put
« on: December 03, 2008, 06:34:15 PM »

,,,,,,,need some helpful advice here.  I haven't kept up with the trends.

Wifey has a 'wore out' '93, quarter miilion mile, full sized, Eddie Baurer Bronco.  (frame is rusted bad under the front quad shock mounts)
Anyway.  She wants to get a 2nd hand, '07 Dodge 1500, 4 door, short bed, 4X4 PU with all the bells and whistles.

Seems to have some bargans on ebay.  (more PU's than buyers) NO bargans around here!

Waht is the best motor trans combo to get?   I thought there was 1 motor trans.  the hemi 5-speed auto.  seems there is a dinkey 4 point something or other with a 4 speed auto.
What is this flex fuel feces?
What the hell is the Big Horn/SLT/ and a couple of other models I see, for '07?
I REFUSE to go into any dealer and get tag teamed with those high speed, care less, double talk sales people for information!
I think I would rather get penicillin shots for a dose of clap first!
Wanted:  Application submitted to a village  looking for an idiot.  They Found Alumadud and hired him

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 07:05:10 PM »

THe 4.7L V-8 is no Hemi,but still has some snot and is better on fuel than the Hemi,IMO.
It is the base engine in the 1500 series with the Hemi as optional.
2500 series got the Hemi as standard power with the Cummins diesel as optional.
The Flex Fuel feature is where the engine has been preprogrammed to run on the corn swill E-85 Ethanol and also run on regular gaz.
In laymans terms,the engine's pooter senses what fuel it is burning and
adjusts things accordingly.
Almost all fleet/leasing/rental vehicles had the flex fuel feature.
Most car rental companies turn in the vehicles once they hit a certain mileage and they pop up on the used car lots at dealerships.

The Big Horn is usually applied to the heavy duty series trucks.
Something to do with the towing package-but Steve may be able to answer that correctly.(He has a Big Horn 3500 6.7 CTD)
SLT is an upscale trim/interior package.
CBarge2008-12-04 00:09:06
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 02:37:20 AM »

Can't ya get a 6 banger anymore in the 1/2 ton???  Seems like, less'n your pulling trailers, that'd be the hot ticket these days - these gas prices ain't gonna last!
Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 04:35:30 AM »

The six banger in my '06 F150 pulls trailered New Yorkers no problemo.

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 09:28:03 AM »

On the 6 banger comment, check the EPA ratings.  The sixes get slightly better around town, but at or less than their V-8 counterparts (small motors) on the highway.  My 3.9 5-speed Dakota was rated 20 MPG on the highway by the EPA, and that's exactly what I get.  The 5.2 of the same year and model was also rated at 20 highway.  I have a church member who gets that in his 1500 5.2 5-speed truck, and he can carry more!  I wish I had passed on the 6 - most of my milage is highway.
Alumacan, the dealers are hurting right now; the high pressure sale is gone!  Name your price and it will usually work.

You're in West Virginia.  There are some great deals here on some California trucks.  I can help you if you want to get one out here and drive it back.  If you're interested, check web sites for the fiollowing Dodge Dealers: Haddad (Bakersfield), Lampe (Tulare), Crown (Ventura).  Or, just do a search of Southern California Dodge Dealers.  There are some in Orange County that make great deals.
It's green here in Chico!!

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 03:08:46 PM »

Bring back the Slant Six, sez I!!!!!

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Rick Chaplin "julio"

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 05:24:55 PM »

Quote from: firedome
Bring back the Slant Six, sez I!!!!!

Excellent idea!
However, the demise of the six was the poloution devices. It took mor power to run the poloution feces, than the motor itself.

I got a picture on some disc, in some drawer, someplace here, that shows what the final prototype slant 6 DIESEL was to look like!

Former FwdLk guy who was a graphic artist, had a neighbor who was one of the motor engineers for Ma MoPar back in the '60's-'70's. He has a fully working slant 6 Diesel in his garage!  Clay took a picture of it and sent me.

He told me the slant 6 turbo charged Diesel was thought of, a year after GM did their 350 diesel conversion, at the end of the 440 production, for use in the HD Dodge pick-ups.
The demise of the slant 6 Diesel, Dodge truck division in the early '80's neigotated with Cummins for 'their' 5.9 motor.
The Cummins diesel used in the Dodge trucks in '89, was used in power units since it's design by Cummins in 1959.   Basically unchanged since then!

Snot/Scott.  Yes, on ebay ALL the good deals on the '07's, are in Calif, TX, and FL!
There was a Dodge dealer in FL that was seelling new 1500 Ram 4 door PU for slightly less than sticker, and giving a similiar Ram PU FREE!
By the time I heard about it, he had sold out.

See, you don't know the full story.  She wants to buy TWO similiar, (NO black, or leather) 4 door, '07's 4X4, loaded, cloth, less than 20K miles, (prefer that mileage total, 10K ea) CLEAN CARFAX ,etc, etc, for 20-21K$!
How bad are any dealers willing to unload TWO trucks at once, that they may be stuck with?!!
So far none, in the tri state area here, are not 'hurting' enough,,,,,.

Used vehicles in TX and FL I'm afraid the title information have been 'doctored' when they have been in any costal storms,  flooding.
Wifey sez she'll go to north TX,,,,,,(?)

Whew, clear out to Calif,,,,,.  By the time, two air fairs, and a weeks worth of gas/lodging for two,,,,, on the way back, would she be saving anything??  Maybe?

THANKS for the offer of checking for her,,,,,,,,,,.
You really think there could be any MoPar dealers out there, that you know of, that would go for this kind of 'twofer' deal, she wants to do?

She has to find something before the firts of the year.  Right now, up untill Jan one.  '07 vehicles uder 20K miles, are considered as a 'new' vehicle loan.  After Jan one, it's '08, under 20k miles is considered new.  (won't be able to afford to buy two after then)
Wanted:  Application submitted to a village  looking for an idiot.  They Found Alumadud and hired him

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 07:39:15 PM »

Quote from: alumcanTandThd

THANKS for the offer of checking for her,,,,,,,,,,.
You really think there could be any MoPar dealers out there, that you know of, that would go for this kind of 'twofer' deal, she wants to do?

There is one that might.  It's in the Anaheim area - Disneyland.  They sold a buddy of mine a new "Rumble Bee" pickup for 20 grand - brand new!  They are known for making killer deals.  Let me get the name of the company from him, as I can't remember.
It's green here in Chico!!

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 11:22:28 PM »

Quote from: alumcanTandThd
Snot/Scott.  Yes, on ebay ALL the good deals on the '07's, are in Calif, TX, and FL!
There was a Dodge dealer in FL that was selling new 1500 Ram 4 door PU for slightly less than sticker, and giving a similiar Ram PU FREE!
I'm in South-Central FL that is strictly agricultural. The dealers usualy sold 25 trucks to every car so that's the mentality of how they keep inventory.  HD crew cab diesel 4X4 duallies fill the Walmart parking lots.  The cost of fuel didn't kill the sales here.  It was the economy.  Construction has dropped to nearly zero and the farmers & ranchers are hurting big time.

My local Dodge dealer has new '07 trucks on the lot and the '08 trucks are starting at 40% off before negotiating. He is carrying only the minimum number of '09s that Chrysler is ramming down his throat.

Heck.  He's even giving deep discounts on Challengers.

Prius' are $5k over sticker, btw...

Rick Chaplin "julio"

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 05:58:54 AM »

Stanley, you're a couple of hours away from Ocala, arn't you?

Jeff Dunham and Walter sez, "ou're gay" to drive a Pirus!  LOL

Can you give me the web site of that dealer you mentioned, please?  I'll contact them.  (They might not beleive me LOL)
Any of those used '07's they got been in any costal storms down there?

Thanks

They are SELLING '08's and new '09's here.   They (Buick GMC place) just sold a '02 with 33K miles for 11,9!!!!  '07's are selling for 18-20!

WV has been so poor all along, now that there is a recession going on, no one here can feel it.  Every where you look there are new houses going up!

There was a big thing in day before yesterday's paper about how 3 banks here, are willing to lend a 100 mil to help the gove bail out the car co.'s

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 04:59:52 PM »

Kinda back on topic. . .

The 5.7 actually gets the best mileage of the three offerings.  That MDS system seems to work quite well and they have it working as often as possible.
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Mark Reynolds

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 04:46:05 PM »

Big Horn (Long Horn in Texas) is a trim and option package. Get extra equipment at a discount, On the 1500's it gets you the 20 inch wheels for starters.
M

Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC