MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Another FL topic for discussion  (Read 4446 times)

Johnny D.

• View Profile
Another FL topic for discussion
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2008, 02:46:53 PM »

cite the email as spam and it'll go to that bin instead of your main inbox. then you can just clean the spam folder once in a while.

"Rock and Roll's been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died."- John Milner

Rick Chaplin "julio"

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2008, 05:38:28 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------

Bobby here is the responce I got,,,,  He sez for you to contact him again.
(notice the 'here' spelling)
Wanted:  Application submitted to a village  looking for an idiot.  They Found Alumadud and hired him

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2008, 04:15:41 AM »

Thanks Rick, I knew this would happen...didn't think it would be this quick though...and I still don't think this explains anything or could even have been "the one". It's too late...I'm having a brand new one built for me at MLC. As I've explained before, ten years of looking is enough...I've scrimped and saved...my wife is 100% behind me...my financial planner said go for it...so I did...yesterday I sent off the contract and check....My looking is over. This is definitely not the first time for something like this. Many people post their stuff for sale and then forget about it....or do nothing  to respond to interested buyers. Thanks for your help though. I won't forget it... 

Bob
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2008, 05:51:29 AM »

Bob:
Let me be first to congratulate you for taking the big step.  And everyone's behind you, too.  All the better. You're basically living ever man's fantasy.  Spec out YOUR dream car to the pros.

So.  Give us the details.  What are they building you???

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2008, 07:28:08 AM »

Quote from: Commando1
Bob:
Let me be first to congratulate you for taking the big step.  And everyone's behind you, too.  All the better. You're basically living ever man's fantasy.  Spec out YOUR dream car to the pros.

You are a class act Stan.....Thank you for the support. I know most of you don't know the extent of my search for this Finned Plymouth. I've thought about "settling" for other Finned Mopars too as most of you know....It (57 or 58 Plymouth) really has been my dream car for a long long time now...I've passed on them....lost out on them....couldn't get to them in time....way before I even became a member here.  Anyways...your support is much appreciated. MLC from what I've heard from several now....builds quality cars....It is promised to be a #1 car when done. They have both Movie Christines there and are restoring them as we speak. I finally got up enough guts to pull the trigger!! Major milestone ! I have faith that they will not dissapoint me. Here's what I have ordered:

1958 Plymouth Christine totally rebuilt from the ground up (rotisserie resto.)
318 ci. poly. correct for year w/ dual 4 barrel Edelbrock carbs.
3 speed torqueflite auto. (push button) trans.
150 MPH speedo
Power steering
Power (4) disc brakes
Sportone trim
Bumper wings
Fender skirts (not compliant with Christine...but I don't care...I like skirts)
Dual rear power antennas (not compliant with Christine...but I don't care...I like dual rear antennas)
Tinted glass (not totally sure about going through with this yet)
Dual side view mirrors
Chrome interior package
CD player in glovebox
Come to life package (touch driver door handle, all lights come on, radio comes on and CD plays "Keep on knockin' but you can't come in"

Should have it by my 50th Birthday (Nov 2009) barring any setbacks/disasters...in other words......God willing.

I'm extremely excited....Progress photographs should be e-mailed to me every 3 weeks or so. I'm sure they will keep me drooling (profusely)

Thanks again for your interest/support Stan

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Rick Chaplin "julio"

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2008, 10:07:32 AM »

WAY TO GO IDAHO(E)!!!!!!

OK let me point out something to you now, so you won't be sorry down the road.
318 'Fury' motor had WCFB carbs, not AFB's
AFB's work better anyway!  Especaially if they are chrome!
The 4wDB,  are they using Roger's AAJ kit on the rear tapered axle?
(Sigh) I, personmally do not liek the tapered axle, rears,,,,,,.
B body, Road Runner, Superbird, Super B, etc is the closest (slightly narrorer|) to what the outside drum face to drum face measurment.  E-body is slightly wider, but anything Cuda or Challenger is cubic $$$$.

There are some that prefer the tpered axle,,,,,,, some don't
Now is the time to swap it out,,,,
Also, find out where the e'brake is gonna be?
OM was on the back of the tranny.  If you go B or E body 8 3/4 rear the e'brake can be back on the 'hind' end.
Then you can swap in a later 318 OD trans, (forget the #) with a steeper rear end ratio for launches at the drive in  LOL
Wanted:  Application submitted to a village  looking for an idiot.  They Found Alumadud and hired him

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2008, 10:44:37 AM »

The reason I opted for the Edelbrock 4's: Although they will not be original equipment, I've been told that they are more dependable than the original Carters...plus a big savings...allowed me to get some of the other options that I really want. The 4 way power discs? Not sure about this tapered axle thing your talking about. I'm not up on rear end stuff. I'm reasonably sure the car is going to have the original rear end, just rebuilt. The discs are from a kit that MLC has installed on numerous restos. by the sounds of it. As far as I know the e-brake is staying where it was originally. I will ask to make sure though. When this car is done....it will be done. There will be no swaps or upgrades for at least as long as I own it....That's why I'm doing this...so I can drive it and enjoy it....No more sweating my brains out....No more getting greasy....No more smashing open my knuckles....and No more getting mad, swearing and throwing my tools... . Been there.....done that....sick of it   Thanks, Bob furyfever2008-12-09 20:15:21

Rick Chaplin "julio"

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2008, 12:07:23 PM »

,,,,you throw stuff too,,,,?
Kids and wifwey swears up and down they are going to get one of those metal detecters,and go down into the woods and gather up the stuff I have thrown in fits of anger. LOL

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2008, 12:32:32 PM »

Bob

See if this helps you understand what a tapered rear axle is.

http://www.moparfins.com/Repairs/Rear_Drum_Removal/Rear_Drum_Removal.htm

The AAJ Kit Alumidud is refering to makes it so you can have rear disc brakes and never have to pull the taper hub again
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2008, 03:08:21 PM »

Thanks Steve...never had a 55-64 Mope so I never knew about that tapered shaft and drum/hub assy. I definitely would have thrown some tools around working on those.  Wouldn't that make an extremely "American Funniest Home videos? I understand what Rick is saying now. I'll ask MLC more about it....Edwin at  MLC said the E-brake is staying where it's at...unless I want to make some changes...That never costs less...never in my experience anyways... furyfever2008-12-09 20:16:56

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2008, 05:47:20 PM »

Just for your info  it's www.aajbrakes.com  The owners name is Roger.  Tell him I said yo if you call.

Now  AAJ's kit uses Camaro Z28 rear Calipers.  You can get the calipers with ot without the parking brake feature.  Now that you've seen the taper concept, you can pretty much figure out how to do it.  His kits are very cost effective and the projext is reversable.  I have a set on my 59

shawn payne

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2008, 02:18:37 AM »

how many cars do you frickin have polaraco???
Just a junkyard dog
68 Fury covert .30 360 xheads,.490 lift cam, 175 shot of NOS, 2500 stall 904, 3.55
86 Dodge 150 swb
04 Durango Limited HEMI (soon to be traded for a new challenger)

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2008, 04:26:02 AM »

9  + the 2- 08's

azblackhemi

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2008, 05:16:55 AM »

Quote from: POLARACO
9  + the 2- 08's
  Only 11? Steve You're falling behind.
Horder of all NY'er's Newports, 300's and all other interesting "C" Bodies.Road Wheels AND SNAKES!!

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2008, 05:56:39 AM »

Quote from: azblackhemi
Quote from: POLARACO
9  + the 2- 08's
  Only 11? Steve You're falling behind.
Other than the 08's and Polaraco - how many run?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC