MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Another FL topic for discussion  (Read 4771 times)

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
Another FL topic for discussion
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2009, 04:13:46 AM »

[/QUOTE]

You talkin' bout me Stitch?...I know...Could very well be dozens of others too I've always loved C-bodies ever since I was a kid....and we all know how affordable they are...then I got the eye for Moparfins.....uh oh......and now I find myself spending that"Duesenberg money". The decision wasn't easy....just got sick of looking at 20k (hard top) fins that needed total restorations. I'm just a middle class guy that has always spent within my means...never got into major debt...Now I have a beautiful understanding wife (Praise God) that actually pushed me to do this. She wanted me to live out my dream. As far as Forward Look goes. I totally agree with you...That's what I've basically done over there...look at their for sale sections. I think I have 12-13 posts over there and that's 12-13 too many...Thanks for the continued encouragement Thrashingcows....I certainly plan on posting everything I get from MLC right here....They've promised me photos of every step of the restoration. Between 200-400 photos in all. Hey, while I'm thinking of it...Does anyone know how to contact Chrysler Historical? I have the VIN number of this Fury now...and the stamp # on the 350 block. I want them to decode it to get the history on the car. I heard they can do this...and I hope it doesn't take too long...
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Rick Chaplin "julio"

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2009, 05:13:22 AM »

Bobby untill someone gives you the 'exact' addy for the historical dept of Ma MoPar, do a GOOGLE search.
Yes, it will take some time, 4 to 6 weeks, or so, AND a little $$$!
Thy ewill NEED a pencil rub of your data plate, VIN plate, and the block #'s
(Those are on the little machined pad.)
You sedn in a request, they send you a forum to fill out, you send back your $$$ and pencil rubs and proof of ownership.
They then will send you the IBM card that prooves EXACTLY how the vehicle you gave the VIN # to, came from Ma MoPar's woom.

Now this part I don't know.   You will have to find out.  If the Hist dept desiphers the IBM car for you, or, will you will have to find some one who has the code to desipher how/what the holes in the card mean.

There in the mid '80's (?) sometime, the historical dept was closed due to buget cuts.
Use to be, you could call up there and talk to the woman in charge.  She was VERY helpful and friendly.  Informatrion was free.  You just paid for the factory pictures.  Glossy B&W 8X10's
I think back then they were a whopping $10 each.  If you wanted the complete photo pagkage, it was around $2K+  THEN!
Wanted:  Application submitted to a village  looking for an idiot.  They Found Alumadud and hired him

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2009, 05:22:45 AM »

Just did the google search. Here' what I came up with:

http://www.plumcrazychallenger.com/CONTACTING%20CHRYSLER%20HISTORIC.htm

Does this look right?

furyfever2009-01-05 11:17:38
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2009, 04:23:58 PM »

Furyfever,You are one of the few here on Fins  that will actually have a finned car.Now you can really live up to your screen name,LOL!!

A few pages about this "new" car and no pics yet??
How about a peek of the work in progress??
I wish I could answer your question in regards to the numbers game but I am not that Fury fluent,LOL
Alpar has great articles on line.
http://www.allpar.com/
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2009, 10:40:51 PM »

Quote from: furyfever
Quote from: stitcherbob
A couple of the big shooters I know that concentrate on FL Mopars and put "Duesenberg money" into their cars only go to the "for sale" section of FL....never joined in on the forums and won't.

You talkin' bout me Stitch?..

Well, I could be when she's done! But I was talking about a customer of mine and another of the resto shop who both own $100,000 +   finned cars and put tons of moola into them for competition at shows and concours events. I just got all the seats from a 1961 300G vert to do coming up. The leather alone will be over 500 bucks a hide ( x 3 )

Has a schedule been proposed about your project? These big resto jobs need to be laid out in 3 steps....#1- Body, #2 - Mechanical, and #3 - Upholstery. Talk with your shop and keep on top of things...I've seen too many cars go so far over budget and get abandoned to the shop for the price of 1 month's bill.....
stitcherbob2009-01-06 03:42:32
They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Rick Chaplin "julio"

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2009, 03:25:17 AM »

Just did the google search. Here' what I came up with:

http://www.plumcrazychallenger.com/CONTACTING%20CHRYSLER%20HISTORIC.htm

Does this look right?
That was not the addy I wrote to, but,,,,,, remember, that was before the downsizing.  Try it, what have you got to loose?

Actually, Am I too much of a worrier?
I dunno, are you a worry wart?

MLC has given me the VIN # and the code stamped on the block. The last five digits are the same in both. Does this alone verify a numbers matching car/engine?
Bobby , yes ,,,, in a way that means the motor and VIN # are matching.
Notice I said VIN # and NOT car.  For two tiny spot welds is all that holds the VIN tags on the Fwdlk cars.
For the sake of  feces and giggles.  The "Matching #" deal didn't actually happen untill after 1962 when Ma MoPar revamped their #ing process and IDing system
1/2 of the cars had matching VIN and motor #'s, half didn't.
It's a plus, (bragging rights), thats all, but It does NOT add to the value like a later matching #'s MoPar does.

So maybe all that's left is to verify that this is in fact a true Fury?...
There is a tiny firewall/cowl tag.  I have seem them all over the palce.  I had two Furys, one the Peter Gunn 350 stick, and a 318.
The fire wall tag was missing on the Gunn car, but I could see where it use to be.  However it was on the opposite side that the 318 Fury was.
That tag,,,,,,,, if you can get someone who knows how to Jethro Bodine 'sipher' it.
Maybe get ahold of someone in the Golden Fin Society and the Ply Owners outfit,
(Sigh),,,,,,,, me and clubs like them, don't get along, (I got kicked out of the 300 club up there a couple of decades ago, for being,,,,, too high spirited, and having no scruples.  I could tell you assinine sotries, they do that will rattle your 'hine teeth!'  Some of those guys have to have a red light bulb screwed into their noses, to keep low flyin' airplanes from crashing into their faces)  if you can get them to get their noses down out of the air long enough to give you information,,,,,,?
There are ways for a sharp eye to telll if that car is a TRUE Fury.
Torsion bar size, the last spring leaf, that "Fury" brown color on the metcal upholstry trim.
The spare wheel did not have the dog dish hub cap nubs.  Wheels were either 14 X 6 or 6.5
The front AND rear seats had a 'dip'
5 button radio front fender mount antenna, heater, whitewall oversized tires, bumper wings, inserts, wheel covers, bigger brakes, differnt rear springs/torsion bars, Fury cloth interior, the single post rearview mirror BOTH sides, were standard items on the Fury.  

because the VIN does not verify the model....Chrysler lumped all the Plazas, Savoys, Belvys and Furys together with no distinction in the VIN for each model.  
True.  However I think the Fuys (only) were made with a seperate #ing system.  I know the 300 letter cars, even though they came down the same line as the rest, had a seperate #ing sys.

Anybody that knows their stuff here....
I'm dumber than a wad of snot,,,,,,,,

please chime in...all info. will be greatly appreciated...because the resto. is starting soon....I think it will be nice to have the many details Chrysler Historical will provide...but I think it will all arrive too late..
Too late for what?

Wanted:  Application submitted to a village  looking for an idiot.  They Found Alumadud and hired him

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2009, 04:48:34 AM »

If you're gonna spend the moola and expect a gen - u -wine Fury, be
good to know that's what you'll be getting before committing, I'd
think, but if you just want the car regardless, no prob.

Be kinda nice to have another actual FIN owner here.... what with the name here and all. ;-)

Rest of you guys - FLs are still out there and affordable if you don't
have to have a vert - ya just look around, and be willing to travel !!!
Those Swedes will even ship over a nice 4 door!!

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2009, 06:21:25 AM »

Just went over to FL to have a look for the latest news on Miss Belvedere. The latest post seems to take for granted that she is missing??...but with no actual proof. Does anyone know what's going on with the car? I googled "Ultra one Miss Belvedere" and Wikipedia comes up as the top hit...this what it says at the bottom:
In December 2008, Ultra One deleted all the topics in their forum regarding Miss Belvedere. It appears this car may have been lost for good. Attempts to contact Ultra One for comment went unanswered. The vehicle condition and state of repair are unknown.What's going on?
furyfever2009-02-04 11:28:16

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2009, 06:40:57 AM »

When I get a chance, I'll go up and see Dwight

He's not responding to people at Forward Look.  After the bashing they gave him and his product. . would you?

I can't say what he said to me a couple of months ago about them
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 04, 2009, 06:55:58 AM »

Quote from: POLARACO
When I get a chance, I'll go up and see Dwight

He's not responding to people at Forward Look.  After the bashing they gave him and his product. . would you?

Maybe because of the bashing he's getting from the "Forward Look know-it-alls"...He has decided not to answer any more questions and has removed all info. from ultra-ones forum. Yeah... Makes sense to me....I'd lay low too until the job is done. But now Wikipedia is taking the worst for granted too? That really surprises me

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2009, 07:41:36 AM »

It's probably one of those morons like Nathan D. Manning writing stuff up out of Ignorance.  There certainly is a bunch of Ignerns over there.

The should be ashamed of themselves.  But they also haven't the brains to put the pieces together.

POLARACO2009-02-04 12:42:17
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2009, 08:08:38 AM »

How does all the information in Wikipedia get published? That's like an official "on-line" encyclopedia right?

Rick Chaplin "julio"

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 04, 2009, 09:51:28 AM »

%$#@ the spies! 
Go tell 'em, you wouldn't pee in none of their mouths if they were layin there with their teeth on fire!
Bunch of little kiddies anyhow, crying on which end of the sandbox to poop in!

Hobby!  This is YOUR site, @#$% 'em!  If you catch one, hang 'em out to dry.  I wouldn't worry on holding what I say for fear of offending.

"Hey FwdLk spies!  Hobby sez, you are nothing but a bunch inbread, inbrained, inorgant, indiots, with yer Richards in one hand and a keyboard in the other,,,,,,, not counting, the raging inegos!"  Hobby wants you to get off HIS web site, and go clean up your own side of the playground!"    (there, that oughta scared 'em off,,,,,,  LOL)

If I were you, I would go over there and tell 'em all to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  Well, wait a minute.  You can't, can you?  Well, that blowed that idea down the tubes.

Anyway,,,,,.

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2009, 07:41:33 PM »

How does all the information in Wikipedia get published? That's like an official "on-line" encyclopedia right?

you can sign up and change whatever you want.....until someone else can't stand what you wrote and changes it again.....

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 05, 2009, 12:18:03 AM »

Quote from: stitcherbob
you can sign up and change whatever you want.....until someone else can't stand what you wrote and changes it again.....

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.........  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC