MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing Trim  (Read 532 times)

Alan

• View Profile
Removing Trim
« on: November 09, 2008, 08:58:13 AM »

Hi Guys. I have some rust starting under the trim piece that runs between the rear window and the rear door. One clip is gone and I can lift up the end.  Ive tried gently prying and working a thin blade around under it but can't get the other clips to let go. How do I get this piece off , I don't want to bend it. Thanks

Al

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Removing Trim
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 11:49:57 AM »

Alan: if I remember correctly. the trim has prongs that fit through holes in the C piller.  The trim is then secured by clip on the interior side.   On the interior C panel, is there a panel you can remove or is there headliner.  If it's headliner, you're screwed.

Alan

• View Profile
Removing Trim
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 12:17:25 PM »

The headliner covers that area. I was hoping I wouldn't have to remove it to get at what is holding the trim.  Underneath the trim, ( you can see it in the picture) there is a screw that  attaches from the outside. I was hoping that the clips were attached to screws like that. There is also what looks like a piece of rope or under the screw that continues on I'm guessing, to the next screw and clip. Not sure what the purpose of it is, Seems to me like it would absorb water and rust the C post . Maybe someone has a body manual and they can see what is holding the trim on.
Al
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC