MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anti Big Business  (Read 406 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Anti Big Business
« on: October 23, 2008, 03:44:35 PM »

I think I am going to start a movement to boycot big business.

I have been getting calls from Citi Bank, a bank our money just bailed out, because my card is 15,000 over credit limit.  I'm not embarrassed by that, but more angry.  Why!  Why did they let it go that far?  Why did they run the card over limit when I specifically told them not too years ago.  This crap is run by computer!

I lost control of the card now.  I have been paying them 1000 a month, which meant a minimum it would be 40 months to pay off.  (Collections have been bad for us)  Even at that, I was making payments every month.  BUT!  They are charging me 970 a month in interest and over limit charges!!!  What am I going to gain?  Nothing.  So I decided to let it go to collection and take the hit on the credit limit.  That I can fix.  I have no say with these big companies.

Anyway, the called 5 times today.  (Illeagal)  I finally answered them.  They were asking for someone else!  "I am not that person but I had a Citi Mater Card"  May I have your name.  Do you have an account number, "no".    OK what is your zip code?  "07888".    What is your phone number?  "You have been calling 2 of them 5 times today"  OK let's have this one.  Give it to them.    10 minutes go by. . .I need to give you to my supervisor.  Tap Tap Tap Tap.  Had to do the same thing over again. . .By this time, I am ready to reach down the phone and tear their throats out. . .  

Sir  I believe we have the wrong number on an account.  According to our records, yuor account is in good standing.  "????????????"  "Really?  I owe you money"  No Sir you don't.  "Give that to me in Writing."  I can do that sir.  There was more to that conversation where i eventually hung up in disgust.

So now I wait and see if this guy does that.  I'll shove it up their noses and frame the letter.

Here's my point.  Our government is bailing out incompedent companies.  AIG as an example.  There's a beaut.  They bailed the banks out because they were too stupid not to loan so much money.  Citi was one of them.

I ask you.  Why should we buy from big companies when they pay their CEO's 2 million a year, and options, when they are screw ups themselves.  Why should we bail out a companie who buys out their screw up CEO  for 132 million dollars.  A reward for being stupid.   Why should we pay big business for incompedence?   Why should we pay for the big companies who do nothing but change the rules, lie to us, treat us like dirt, many times deliver an inferior product, but yet kiss our butts for money?

I am thinking of starting a big business movement.

Disclaimer
I know this is a semi-political statement.  I am breaking the rules.  But I know this is a subject we all have experience with with some big company.  You know I am a person of principle.  I don't think it is fair for us to be treated like pond scum.  Join me with this cause.  Let's send the message to everyone we can.  Let all of us ban together to make a difference.  It's for the good of all.

End of rant
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
Anti Big Business
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 03:52:44 PM »

Citi has been calling (bugging) me too....I closed my Sears card with them because they had a 28 percent interest rate....now I can buy things at Sears with a different card at half the rate or so! They call and say "Congrats, you can re-open your account and the rate will be lower if I act now...."
I told them no, keep it closed, I am going to finish paying it off and dump it. They countered with, "but sir, your rate won't be lowered to 26 percent"!!!!
I told them to keep it closed and stop calling my cell...it's for business and emergencies only...I never gave them that #

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Johnny D.

• View Profile
Anti Big Business
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 04:05:12 PM »

so who will give you credit?

where will you buy things... small shops are pretty much gone
where will the big tax money get collected... thats the grease that runs this whole system...

big business has been in this country for a long time, going back to names like Rockefeller, and Carnegie  but a different, much more obtrusive enemy has taken the helm....

Stupidity... 
and its everwhere! I can't get an order from a deli with out a screw up, cant have a cup of coffee from a place thats fresh, i cant call a company and not be transfered overseas, not saying those folks are stupid, but a languange barrier lets things get lost in the conversation...

anyway I agree these companies are a pain in the ass, and that they apparently inundated with people who are less than concerned with the welfare of the customer... This goes with the generic slide to the pits that has been carrying on for some time now...
in reality though those companies aren't going anywhere.

But if you really want to ban something, lets ban stupidity.

MobStaffCar722008-10-23 21:27:46

"Rock and Roll's been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died."- John Milner

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
Anti Big Business
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 04:06:46 PM »

(*waiting for Polaraco to put up the "Banned Member" logo....)

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

firedome

• View Profile
Anti Big Business
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 11:09:04 AM »

Agreed, big business/corporations s...k! They sure got the market
cornered on car manufacuring though.  I try to buy local and small
and avoid big box stores whenever possible.

I heard on the radio that average US family credit debt is well over
10,000!  No wonder, as people have had to live on credit, with
wages stagant and jobs going overseas! People have to use credit cards
to pay for health care even! I've found that if you call the credit
company and threaten to transfer your account to another card, they'll
give you a better rate, though this may not be news to anyone... it
does work though.

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Anti Big Business
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 03:53:55 AM »

Quote from: firedome
I try to...  avoid big box stores whenever possible.

Where do you live ??????????????????   

That's like saying: I'm going to buy a TV that's made in America...

America: the newest third world country.

firedome

• View Profile
Anti Big Business
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 07:33:48 AM »

No more American made Zeniths (the last one down in the mid 90s), tragically.

Bingo is a mid-sized town - about 150K pop.  I've found
alternatives to the Big Boxes for most things we need - my local NAPA
not only has better qaulity parts & better service, but believe it
or not their price for filters is lower than Auto TwilightZone and
MallWart!  Auto Zone is best price I've found for Rotella oil
though.

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC