MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 60 Savoy  (Read 907 times)

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2008, 07:33:44 PM »

Thanks Lea...Sorry I didn't make it too clear...the fittings are there on the rad. for the trans. cool lines...I think they broke them removing the old rad. and now they need to be lengthened to hook them back up which the owner said he'd do for me if I buy the car. I received hauling quotes of $730.00 and $650.00 today. Sort of waiting to see if I can get a reasonable quote before I commit to buy. I know it's risky...could lose the car but...that's what's in my heart to do right now. It looks like I have another night to sleep on it..
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2008, 09:31:07 PM »

Last year, Stan found a 1973 Imperial on ebay that was just like the one I had when I was 18 and wished I could have again. Polaraco bid on the Imperial for me and we won it for $2275. Paid for it in full without seeing it. The owner needed it out of there (Cincinnatti) before the snows came in, but Steve and I couldn't get out there with his truck & trailer til May. That's when Hemifury Butch offered to go 2 hours north from his Kentucky home to grab it for us and he babysat it thru the winter & spring. I had  never even considered buying a car sight unseen (not to mention long distance) before! The car turned out better than expected and the whole experience will be good memories for the rest of my life.
I wish everyone one here all the luck and the great kindness of friends I had last year. 

The only photo of my original Imperial (about 1982)...still have the 69 Roadrunner

the ebay picture of the next Imperial

The big trip to Butch's

a coupla pals

safe at home!

stitcherbob2008-10-17 02:36:56
They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2008, 06:16:33 AM »

Just had a gentleman's agreement over the phone with Rick...the owner of the 60 Savoy. I'm going to buy it....He's going to replace trans. lines and make sure it's roadworthy. In the meantime, if a reasonable hauler comes up I'll consider that as well. My wife, Deb and I are leaving for a few days to go visit a friend up North...but will be back on Sunday...just love the photo above of the Steve and Bob + nice Imp. there Stitch and a 70 Fury in the garage...nice....Hey guys...a heartfelt thank you to all for all your insight, advice and support...You guys are great. Just noticed your post right above Steve....Is there something you wanted to tell me before I got the car...bought the car... Oh well..a gentleman's agreement is as good as cash in hand in my book. I did it...so I'm getting it. I 'll find out what you meant on Sunday....
furyfever2008-10-17 11:22:55
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2008, 07:07:00 AM »

That's not Bob. . .Bob is a lense cracker.

That's Butch Houton. . .aka HemiFury

POLARACO2008-10-17 12:07:49
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2008, 08:22:41 AM »

Rob: Congratulations!!!!!  You did your due dilligence, discussed it, thought about it, and then made the right choice.

Love the car.  Now get some Petty Blue and some decals....

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2008, 04:26:15 PM »

Hey guys, What number would you say this car is? 1 thru 5? I know it's not a 1 or 2 or a 5...is it a solid 3 or a solid 4 or what else? I'm trying to figure out what I really should be paying for it. Going to Detroit on Friday...As long as it's a go will be shipped home on Saturday..Thanks, Bob

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2008, 04:29:52 PM »

1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2008, 04:42:30 PM »

No, I'd say more lie 3.5 to 4

The rear window leaks.  Very common.  Better get on that.  POR 15 the trunk floor, POR Prime it and get some color on it
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2008, 02:45:42 AM »

Quote from: furyfever
Hey guys, What number would you say this car is?
Bob, doesn't matter.  Just enjoy the car. 

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2008, 05:09:59 PM »

Just got back from Detroit, MI. I'm not buying it and will continue to look for something that does'nt need so much work. There were a few eye-openers that the photos just didn't reveal. The interior was "tired" looking. The trunk floor had more rot than I thought and yes Steve, the back window leaked....Can you believe that as soon as we arrived, it started raining? When we took it for a drive, water started dripping in on my wife and her purse. The owner is a super nice guy. Most guys would have gotten very irritated at me for not taking it, but he didn't. Still.....a reasonably nice solid car but it does needs to be dismantled and restored. Not really a driver (in my opinion). To be totally honest, I would have bought it, if my wife wasn't there to hammer some sense into me. She wants me to spend more $$$$ and get something that's ready to enjoy (or at least nearly ready)....If anyone is interested in it, call Rick at 586-630-0512. I'm kind of bummed right now but in time, I'll get over it.

furyfever2008-10-26 12:57:10

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2008, 05:42:42 PM »

There are more Fins in the sea,so chin up.

1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2008, 12:01:41 PM »

Quote from: furyfever
...I would have bought it, if my wife wasn't there to hammer some sense into me.

Yah.  I've been relying on the CEO more and more lately myself...

firedome

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2008, 12:55:24 PM »

It seems to come down to either restore a car completely, the way you
want it, or pony up for one that is mint original, or totally restored
properly already, as  there is really no sensible in-between,
since even a # 2 or 3 car will need considerable work.  OCPG
considers #2 to be what you see at most shows, and #1 as good or better
than factory brand new, there are very few # 1 cars... admittedly
without having seen it in person, I'd consider that one a 3.5 at best,
maybe even a strong 4. 

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2008, 04:18:52 PM »

The problem with Old cars Price Guide is the #1 car isn't the highest....they should have a #1+ for restored cars because they will always trade for close to what restoration costs are vs. what the guide is saying they are worth.
Case in point: a 1956 Packard that my friend sold is listed at $22,000 for a #1, but it cost him 10 years and $150,000 in resto bills (doing things to perfection  and re-doing other stuff that wasn't done right or got damaged over those 10 years) to get it to their supposed "#1" condition. He ended up selling the car for $115,000. At Hershey there was an identical 56 Packard in really nice original shape which came up to about 85% of the quality of his restored car. It was for sale at $24,000, and I heard that it was sold soon after for just that. The restored car made this original look like a tired barn find! There should be a #1+ or #A1 to denote these restored show cars so the Barret/Jackhole disease can finally be cured. #1 cars are driven! #1+ or A1 are driven too...just not as much.......

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC