MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 60 Savoy  (Read 1023 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 04:23:37 PM »

Give it to Pam to drive.  She'd scare the crap outa you
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 06:19:53 PM »

Who's Pam? That went over my head...I take it she isn't very pretty or one heck of a terrible driver? I'm still thinking about buying this ol' homely girl guys. It reminds me of one of those Bull dogs...so homely it's cute DOes anyone have any suggestions on a hauler? The seller is being real patient with me...(I think it helps that noone else is breaking his door down to buy it right now) and it looks like I might have some time to shop around for a hauler before committing.
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 06:32:24 PM »

Hauler?? Dude,it's a slant six!! fly n drive it home!!
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 11:19:28 PM »

Hey Lea, It's still a 48 yrs old car. You're brave....I don't know man...I'll think about it though..
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 02:02:37 AM »

Quote from: furyfever
Who's Pam? That went over my head...I take it she isn't very pretty or one heck of a terrible driver? 
Pamela, my wife, is the most beautiful woman in the world...
Her driving?  Well....

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 05:56:23 AM »

A big OOOps there on my part Commando1....Sorry Sorry.... I almost contracted a severe case of foot in mouth disease there!! Too close for comfort on my part. That's a bit ironic though...My sister's name is Pam...and she has never been gifted with great driving skills. In fact, my first auto body repair job involved fixing a majorly dented in door on her 73 Plymouth Satellite. What a complete botch job. I put about 3 1 gallon cans of bondo in her front passenger door and it still was not enough to fill the dent. I was about 16 yrs old then 

furyfever2008-10-16 10:58:04

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 06:51:09 AM »

Quote from: Commando1
Who's Pam? That went over my head...I take it she isn't very pretty or one heck of a terrible driver? 
Pamela, my wife, is the most beautiful woman in the world...
]

Now look what I have done. . . .  Sheeesh

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 07:38:08 AM »

Originally posted by Polaraco:  Now look what I have done. . . .  Sheeesh

No Steve....I did it...and I take full responsibility for it...in fact...as I was typing it, there was this little voice inside that said....don't....no....don't....but I must admit...that was just enough information you supplied me with for me to come dangerously close to a disaster ....

furyfever2008-10-16 12:45:31

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 07:49:19 AM »

Everyone's fretting too much.  I never saw any foul committed.  Play ball....

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2008, 08:54:19 AM »

I wasn't fretting. . . I was concerned.

Couldn't buy that stretch so you made your own huh?    

Back to the Savoy

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 09:03:14 AM »

Originally posted by Polaraco:  Now look what I have done. . . .  Sheeesh

No Steve....I did it...and I take full responsibility for it...in fact...as I was typing it, there was this little voice inside that said....don't....no....don't....but I must admit...that was just enough information you supplied me with for me to come dangerously close to a disaster ....

I brought up Pams name in the first place.  You see, Pam told me when I was driving here in Stans truck, she didn't drive very well.  That's why I said that.  Never thought anybody else had someone names Pam in their lives.

Stans Pam is a very sweet person.  Very talented.  I like her allot.  ****Watch out Stan****  She's full of energy and sharp as a tack.  I was impressed with both of them.  They seem very happy together.  It's sort of like Bobby.  Even though he has been vacinated with a phonograph needle, what's not to like

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 04:26:35 PM »

It's a good thing you put these  after that sign. What are trying to do give me a haaart attack? 

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 04:35:54 PM »

WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ME??????

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2008, 06:46:57 PM »

Talked to the owner tonight...asked him if he thought the car could travel 6.5 hrs into NY. He said the brakes are fine...he went over all of them recently....bled and adjusted...new radiator, hoses and fan belt....the only problem...when the new radiator was installed the genius that did it didn't hook the transmission lines up. They're just hooked together with a rubber tube....so the transmission is not being cooled. Not cool!  literally...but he did say he'd hook it up properly with metal lines (sounds like they're too short right now) if I buy . He said he has not used the car much at all with it being this way as he's only owned it for several months now....Hopefully he's being truthful here...because this is a good way to cook a transmission as far as I'm concerned. It's just amazing what you find out when you take your time to buy something....I wonder what I'll find if I make it out there to look at it? How on earth do all these people constantly buy cars on the internet without looking first? I did it once...with a cousin looking at it for me....won't do it again...It has to be my eyes from now on...

Bob

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
60 Savoy
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2008, 07:08:42 PM »

Rob,I watched demo derby cars run with looped tranny lines without failure.
Even some GM automatics were air cooled with NO lines at all!!
Anyways,a simple fix and should be ready to hit the road.
If the replacement rad has no fittings for the auto trans,just add a tranny cooler.Again a cheap and simple install.
Have a cell phone with Auto Club on speed dial and a credit card  just in case.
Plenty of room in the trunk for a tool box,jack  stands,etc.
So what are you waiting for???
Go get it!! 
CBarge2008-10-17 00:10:40
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC