MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SJVM Fall Finale results  (Read 428 times)

Ken

• View Profile
SJVM Fall Finale results
« on: October 11, 2008, 08:10:06 PM »

Ahem....taptaptap...is this thing on??

OK, just had to let everyone know, that out of 3 cars entered in the C-body class at the San Joaquin Valley Mopar  Fall Finale show today,

in his first outing, Chaz won.......
scroll down

TA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Our beloved Right Rev. Scotty took 1st!

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Matt Aker

• View Profile
SJVM Fall Finale results
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 05:32:22 AM »

Congrats Moe, and well deserved   (Why'd you let Snotty win 1st  ???)
Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
SJVM Fall Finale results
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 07:15:37 AM »

Convertibles will always beat hardtops......it's God's will 

Congrats to both of you!

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Ken

• View Profile
SJVM Fall Finale results
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 11:28:39 AM »

Matt, yeah, what Bob sez.
Although, for some reason I thought I had been entered in pre-'68 daily driver class (I did put down the codes for C-body and daily driver on my entry form, but I didn't make the connection that the number on my entry referred to the class they put me in...duuuuuuuuuuuh )

It was a gorgeous day for it, too.  I'll post a few pics later.

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
SJVM Fall Finale results
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 01:34:01 PM »

Congrats to you and Snotty both Moe!!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
SJVM Fall Finale results
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 02:00:22 PM »

Congrats

Eevery time I take Polaraco to a place and they are entering in catagories,  I always ask for the "who the hell knows" catagory.  The car is so custom and univrsal
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Matt Aker

• View Profile
SJVM Fall Finale results
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 03:03:32 PM »

[/QUOTE]

You just need to be a little more prepared Moe!  All you need is a sign like this

and a few directional arrows to areas other-than the show grounds

You'da had first place hands-down

Seriously, CONGRATS to you both!
Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!

Ken

• View Profile
SJVM Fall Finale results
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 03:35:54 PM »

<John Pinette> No More Shrimp for you! You been here 4 owwwha!</John Pinette>

Ken

• View Profile
SJVM Fall Finale results
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 05:17:29 PM »

Here's a few pics from the event

Scotty eventually ended up in the upper left corner...I should have parked there, but I had a mental hiccup..oh well

This '79 Magnum (360/904) was the OLDEST car in the 1975-up class...everything else was either a 300, Magnum wagon or a new Challenger

Nice Charger in the 318 class, the Satellite next to it had a 318A engine with aluminum finned valvecovers and dual quads!

Another neat Plymouth in the 318 class

This Plymouth was in the '64 and earlier daily driver class...there were only 2 cars total.

OK, now THIS is a gen-u-wine 1971 EX CHP car, that the owner bought after it was retired from training duties.
The A/C has been removed, as was the Leece-Neville alternator.  It also has a vacuum operated valve at the back of the aircleaner that is the SAME as an Airgrabber, which makes sense if this car was used to patrol the Southeast border (Barstow) of California to the Southwest (East San Diego).

440hp with single snorkle aircleaner, manual drums.  The owner told me that not too long ago, he had this car at a CHP event, and a sargent was with him when a corporal pulled up in a Crown Vic with a 4.6l.

The guy in the CV made  some noise about the Phord being able to whip the Polara, and the sgt asked if he'd like to make a bet on it, with the loser buying 2 steak dinners at his favorite swanky steak house.

The bet was taken, and the owner asked if he could ride shotgun.  So, a section of I-5 (major NS Freeway on the West Coast) two consecutive exits on either side closed off, and a cop with a radar gun was positioned at an overpass near the last closed exit.

They positioned side-by-side, the CV took off, and after waiting a few seconds, the sgt took off after him in the Polara.

I was told that the CV hit it's limit at 127mph, at which point the Polara got next to him, the sgt waved bye-bye, and then accelerated past him.  The radar gun recorded the Polara at 145mph, with more to go!

Gotta love it!

This is a CHP spec steering wheel, and it's not White, but a Pearlescent.  And the owner asked a restorer about getting this re-done, but was told "I can do it White, or translucent with glitter like the early 1960's Chysler wheels, but I cannot do this wheel to it's original color."

Here's a panel Dodge that was entered into the Under Construction class...blown Chrysler Hemi Firepower!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
SJVM Fall Finale results
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 05:33:17 PM »

The white wheels on the cop cars were so they didn't get hot in the sun. I would fill the cracks and paint it pearl white. I have that same rare optional full horn ring for my Roadrunner...only saw one once in Motor Trend's test of the Car Of The Year 1969 RR

stitcherbob2008-10-12 22:34:54
They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Snotty

• View Profile
SJVM Fall Finale results
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 09:41:57 PM »

It was a nice show, and I had a good time spending the day with Moe.  Also, the '69 Charger and the guy standing next to it are friends - that's Chris Grundt of Wasco, a good guy and a member of my church.
It's green here in Chico!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC