MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual exhaust - what's it cost?  (Read 1646 times)

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Dual exhaust - what's it cost?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 11:30:58 AM »

Ouch!

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 04:07:55 AM »

Quote from: MoparMatt
Quote from: CBarge
Polaraco sounds great.Not loud at idle,nice burble when cruising and awesome when on it getting up to speed on the on-ramp!

That is a compliment.A smallblock that has a big block sound.Very nice deep tone,not blatty.
Both Matt and I had driven Polaraco on different ocassions and indeed it does sound great.
The exhuast is not loud enough to drown the stereo nor talking to others inside the car.   
The Dynomax muffler # I suggested was designed as a direct replacement for the Hemi muffler.
If you think they are too loud for your taste,may I suggest Walker Quiet Flow equal replacement to it.
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 04:12:12 AM »

[/QUOTE]
I have a New Yorker and the exhaust is not loud with the Dynomax mufflers included in the TTI system.
Everybody's taste is different ,and I respect that.
Try Walker 21768 which is a direct fit replacement for a 79 NY'er with the factory 360 dual set up.The outlet for the tailpipes are 2" but can be bumped to fit 2-1/4" tailpipes.
For more choice of mufflers for your car,go here:
http://www.walkerexhaust.com/catalog/vehicletypescrn.asp
Again,I suggested the Magnaflow 93500 series cat convertors.
CBarge2008-10-13 09:31:07
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2008, 05:53:55 AM »

The key to the quiet cabin is th have the exhaust exit right at the end edge of the car.  I had to put extensions on for a lousey  4 inches.  Made a big difference.  I'm still working on quietuieting down the car. . .But now the cabin noise is half of what it was when Lea heard it. . . I think Matt can tell you the diff.  He heard before and after
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Matt Aker

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 12:17:21 PM »

It wasn't really that bad to begin with, but it was noticeable at steady speed and upon acceleration.  Those extensions worked amazingly well.  The exhaust resonation noticed in the cabin virtually disappeared.

Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 04:17:44 PM »

Quote from: MoparMatt
It wasn't really that bad to begin with, but it was noticeable at steady speed and upon acceleration.  Those extensions worked amazingly well.  The exhaust resonation noticed in the cabin virtually disappeared.

That's because, once again, I pay people to do a job with instructions, and pay them well.  They take the money but don't follow instructions.  I told him to vent those pipes with a factory curl at the end and cut off, right behind the valance and let them stick down a inch.

But instead I ended up with those gaudy extensions sticking out 3 inches.

attkrlufy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 10:47:49 AM »

Both Matt and I had driven Polaraco on different ocassions and indeed it does sound great.
Wow.  What I want to know is when do I get to drive Polaraco? 
The Dynomax muffler # I suggested was designed as a direct replacement for the Hemi muffler.
If you think they are too loud for your taste,may I suggest Walker Quiet Flow equal replacement to it.
First I gotta find someone who will do custom work.  No one in Ithaca will touch the car to put on duals unless "it came from the factory that way."  I tried explaining it was an option....but they've all said unless it's got duals on now, they won't put it on.

I did check out the Walker site you mentioned - wonderful for getting info.  Thanks a bunch.  I'm sure I'll find something that'll work.

1979 New Yorker - 360 4v, 2.71:1 rear, factory moonroof, factory road wheels

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 10:52:11 AM »

Sounds like you have a delema

Ithica is about 4 hours from here. . .I can send you to my guy.

AJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2008, 05:24:06 PM »

You can buy a builder's kit and make one yourself, too. :-P

I did my exhaust on my Jeep with a friend for approx 150.00.  Used a 2.25 builder kit that was mandrel bent, magnaflow y-pipe (2.25 -> 2.5), 20' section of 2.25 and a thrush welded 2-chamber.  Took us two Saturdays or so and had some fun doing it too.  Wanted to do dual but did not have the space on the pass side between the xfer case and frame rail.

Only thing - we had plenty of room to work with under the Jeep.

Now working on getting my Eddy Performer Intake\\Carb on...that will take another two weekends.

1982 Jeep CJ7 :: AMC360 Edelbrock 4bbl :: TF999 Built :: Dana300 Twin Stick :: D30 \\ AMC20 :: 7" Lift :: 35" Xterrains on ARE 15x10s :: Plenty of Fab Work.  And stiil a DAMNED KID!

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2008, 05:40:04 PM »

Drive three hours up here in Kingston and my man at my shop will do it.We can put on any muff you want.My exhaust man has been bending pipe for 18 years.I have two rooms here if you need to stay overnight.Steve will be up this way in a couple of weeks so maybe we can meet in Watertown or Govorneur??
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

AJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008, 10:45:36 AM »

I could not find this link again...but took some time and finally found it for you...and maybe the rest of you guys, too.  Take a look...

http://www.waldronexhaust.com/

He has many makes\\models and if you can't find it on the site give him a call.  He is an awesome guy.
1982 Jeep CJ7 :: AMC360 Edelbrock 4bbl :: TF999 Built :: Dana300 Twin Stick :: D30 \\ AMC20 :: 7" Lift :: 35" Xterrains on ARE 15x10s :: Plenty of Fab Work.  And stiil a DAMNED KID!

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008, 02:07:21 PM »

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT USE WALDRONS BY ANY MEANS!!!!!
JUST GOOGLE HIM AND YOU"LL KNOW WHY!!

AJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2008, 10:57:41 AM »

Quote from: Commando1
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT USE WALDRONS BY ANY MEANS!!!!!

Do you have a link?

I have never bought from him - only almost did once and the guy was very pleasant.  I did some searching but couldn't find anything...then again I don't have the brain-power ritght now to find what I am looking for, actually.  Steve knows what I'm talknig about...what a friggin day!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC