MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going fast with a big car...  (Read 183 times)

Tony Sauer

• View Profile
Going fast with a big car...
« on: September 27, 2008, 06:54:41 AM »

Howdy - I'm new to full sized/c bodies, but have been a long time fan.  I love the looks and styling, but I don't think anyone will disagree, the performance from the factory leaves lots to be desired. 

My new venture is a 62 Newport and my plan is to keep it looking stock but want it to perform too...particularly at the strip.  I'm shooting for mid 11's or better.  Building a 512" stroker with CNC Stealth heads and a relatively mild solid flat tappet cam.   Also running a CH 28 dual quad intake with 2 600 eddy carbs.  Going to keep it looking stock with the stock 300 dual quad aircleaners and no unecessary chrome, billet or braided stuff.  Will run the factory auto pushbutton with some strengthening mods of course and  a 9 1/2" converter, and rear will be a 3.73 sure grip. 
I plan to run headers (not sure which ones just yet) and a full 3" exhaust out back. 

Who else has built a fast full sized/C body and please share your combination.  Also, if you have any secrets to share on reducing weight (while keeping stock appearance) I would love to hear about it. 

Lastly, where can I find a good super stock type leaf spring for my car?? 

Thanks!
Tony

Jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 12:56:26 PM »

A guy in Finland has an 8-second Fury, its got a a twin-turbo 440 engine.

Herman, BigBlockMopar has a nice 60 NYer with a 500 stroker, check out his project topic.

ex-Mopars 1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Coupe, 1973 Imperial LeBaron 2dr hardtop, 1973 Imperial LeBaron 4dr Hardtop, 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury 2 door hardtop

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 07:41:10 PM »

Anyone got a pic of that nasty red 62 Newport with the 572 Hemi, full roll cage and Top Alcohol Dragster Slicks with Beadlock wheels? I can't find the Rod&Custom or Hot Rod magazine with it....

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC