MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visual differences  (Read 728 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Visual differences
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 02:51:34 PM »

I knew the correct answers.  I was just keeping my trap shut and letting someone else have a chance. . . . 

OK  I guess I need to put this to rest

Snotty is correct.  Without looking at the carb or the pad, you can't tell physically if it's a 383 or a 400.  Neither are RB's  B's and RB's share allot of components

The 400 used a Holly or a TQ and the 383 was packahed with a carter 2 or 4 BBL.  A TQ was never used on a 383.  It wasn'r made yet.

Good info Stan
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
Visual differences
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 10:45:33 AM »

The guy that I got my car from tells me at every freakin cruise-in and show I see him at that my engine (383) came out of a 68 Road Runner. Is there a way to tell if this is fact or crap??? I was told by others years ago that RR's had a "special" 383 different from everyday joe blow passenger cars. Is it true or what??? What is the difference if really any?

Snotty

• View Profile
Visual differences
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 12:32:44 PM »

I thought your question was:

"Without crawling under a car to see the casting numbers, or without checking any sequence numbers etc, and just looking at a car with it's hood up, how do you know a B from an RB?"  

I have one:  How can you tell a A-833 from a BW T-10 by looking at the shifter? 
It's green here in Chico!!

Matt Aker

• View Profile
Visual differences
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 12:46:11 PM »

Quote from: Snotty
I have one:  How can you tell a A-833 from a BW T-10 by looking at the shifter? 

MoparMatt2008-10-06 17:46:45
Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
Visual differences
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 08:26:54 PM »

The only way to tell if your 383 is from a Roadrunner, Ardoggy, is if the VIN on the oil pan rail starts out RM 21; RM23....something like that. Otherwise all of those 383's look the same. The cam and intake, exhaust manifolds were different for RR's.

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Visual differences
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 01:21:40 AM »

I agree with Bob.  Externally, the only difference was the use of the 440 exhaust manifolds on the 383 block.  But that is such a common sight today that I wouldn't use that as a basis for determining it.  I thing he's just jawboning to look smart.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Visual differences
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 05:00:07 AM »

Quote from: Snotty
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am here to inform you that Altzeimer's has taken over the once fertle mind or the Rev. J. Scott Allred.   He will answer no more questions on this subject.

Yeah right.  Your're still young yet. . . 
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC