MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 1957 Dodge D500 2 door sedan  (Read 1312 times)

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
1957 Dodge D500 2 door sedan
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 09:59:10 AM »

Watch the guy who bought it try to flip it on eBay next week for a fast buck.....

Matt Aker

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 10:29:44 AM »

Everything ends up on FeeBay.  This is on there right now!

Meet the seller!

Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 12:57:51 PM »

C'mon now.  One owner, barn find. All documentation, 0 original miles.
47 year old survivor, mint condition.  Original paint faded but with good buffing could be show piece. Inspection invited.  Ask questions before bidding. 

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 02:02:58 PM »

Quote from: MoparMatt
Everything ends up on FeeBay.  This is on there right now!

Meet the seller!

We had one of those when I was a kid!!!! that takes me back!!!
But back on topic,sorry about the loss on the Dodge it sounds like a sweet ride. Like the boys said maybe it will turn up for sale again.

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 06:09:05 PM »

Or maybe it never existed in the first place....like that 60 Chrysler 300 F on Craigslist.....

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Herman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 11:16:49 PM »

Quote from: stitcherbob
...like that 60 Chrysler 300 F on Craigslist.....

It was, but it was only a convertible-model.
And guess what...

Sleezebay

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 04:10:27 AM »

You know....I was talking to my wife last night about it. She said it sounded very fishy too....The guy didn't want to set up an appt. when I called him at his home the previous night, but says "call me on my cell phone tomorrow" and then when I called, the cell phone service had a recording saying "the number has been disconnected/out of service". Also the same night...now that I think about it...he did try to divert attention to his other cars he has for sale. Who knows...perhaps he has a fake ad in Craigslist to get some attention on his other junk he has for sale?? I know I wouldn't have the stones to do something like that...I woke up at 4:00 AM last night and couldn't get it off my mind....couldn't get back to sleep. It's bad when a hobby/cars get a hold of you so much. I would just like to enjoy what I have and not get obsessed with finding more. Anyone else have this struggle? I mean really.... When all is said and done and this life is over I want to be remembered for my love for others, my love for my Creator and my desire to live by HIS standards...not for my love of cars....(although obviously I do enjoy them) We certainly can use the hobby though to show our love to others, but how easy it is (at least for me) to let it get out of hand. I'm getting over it...time helps and you guys certainly help too. Thanks to all...The responses from all of you are great..
Bob  
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 04:57:48 AM »

I crawl all over the internet daily, read all the publications, constantly have my radar on high alert, all for the sake of scoring the "big one".  Day and night, week after week, year after year, I can't break away from it.  During my 35 years fo driving a truck, I sacanned the landscape constantly for a diamond in the rough lanquishing in the side yard.  I passed by desrted barns imagining of hitting the the mother lode.  I came ever so close once in a junkyard in a remote section of PA with Harleys once.  It's a sickness worse than being addicted to crack or obsessed with sex.
Just yesterday I was was clearing 8' weeds and brush, getting bitten to death by bugs and watching for snakes and other critters, clearing a path to a '75 New Yorker that you couldn't see from 20' away.

Why.  Why.  Why..................

Matt Aker

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 05:09:38 AM »

That's the way I found my '68 NYer!  Had I not been led through the corn field I never would have found it.

A half-hour later, new water pump and fresh gas installed, it was ready to drive home.
Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 06:55:48 AM »

I was finding different routes to work so I could scan backyards and open garage doors for another 73 Imperial like I had when I was 18. It was all I could think about.  Then a miracle happened: Stan found my current one on the Ebay and Polaraco snagged it for me, and then Butch went and got it  (plus babysat it for months in Kentucky) until Steve & I could pick it up....well now you see how far the "sickness" can take you. And I doubt any of us could give it up.
I still look in backyards and garages, though.......

The Creator gave you this love of a inanimate object (that leaks fluids into your newly paved driveway, causes strife in married life, costs you all of your money, causes social inclusion or rejection, and draws a few pints of blood from you every so often) for a reason....it's a reflection on how normal life functions!
So remember to thank Him for that!

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 01:44:07 PM »

Quote from: furyfever
I woke up at 4:00 AM last night and couldn't get it off my mind....couldn't get back to sleep. It's bad when a hobby/cars get a hold of you so much. I would just like to enjoy what I have and not get obsessed with finding more. Anyone else have this struggle? I mean really ...
guilty...GUILTY! GUILTY!
It's been that way for me since I was twelve years old.It started with 1:24 scale model kits and then evolved into the 1:1 scale today!
There's more fish in the "C" Bob!!

1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2008, 05:29:15 PM »

Just finished talking with my wife about old MOPAR fin cars. She likes the 57-58 Plymouth 2 door hardtop (Belvederes) the best...AND so do I....59 Dodges second best...love those eyebrows over the headlights... Anyways...I showed her a red 58 Belvedere on carsonline.com that's $35,000.00 and she said get it! You might as well spend some of the money in our portfolio before its all gone. With all the subprime/bank/wall street problems our portfolio has really suffered the last several months. Now don't I have the best wife in the whole world? Even though she has given me the go ahead (and I know she was dead serious) I still couldn't spend that kind of money....I might be able to spend 20kish though?! Anyone know of any for sale? Must be good solid, straight and need next to nothing. She does not want me to get another project car. I know shes right..I've been there/done that too many times now.  I found the forward look site tonight...pretty interesting...Wish I'd known about it a few months ago. There were some nice "deals" in there just a little while ago. 

Bob 
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2008, 05:34:37 PM »

Nobody's answering because they all fainted!

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2008, 06:17:02 PM »

Some of the Forward guys can be brash and are extremely opinionated.
They are bashing Miss Belvedere something awful and are taking personal jabs at people involved.
Be careful.
If you go for the car,enjoy it.
Just dont bother the Forward Look site,IMO.
We are Moparfins and will support you all the way in anything Mopar.We are here for YOU!
Despite a slow market,I believe Miss Belvedere is bringing attention to the Finned cars..gaining people's interest.
CBarge2008-09-25 23:18:54
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2008, 03:22:50 AM »

Just like with any site, there'a a lot of BS, and also some good help
and knowledge to be had at Forward Look... you have to remember: caveat
emptor - let the User beware, in this case.  I have had some
positive and some negative experiences there - kinda like life! 
you gotta pay to play: nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I've preferred mainly the Fin cars since they came out, and owned 'em
since 1979. As far as '58 Belvys or Furys, you picked a pricey example
of the FL cars because of the movie. And kinda overxposed IMO for the
same reason, but a very pretty car. One of the acknowledged experts on
the Christine website - Donnie in Tennessee - could probably line you
up with one of those. He's one of the good guys.

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC