MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Say It Ain't So!!!!  (Read 420 times)

Snotty

• View Profile
Say It Ain't So!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 10:09:14 AM »

I don't know if you guys missed my point or not.  It is my opinion that Chrysler needs to be in international motorsports.  They only car that was being used world-wide is the Viper GTR.  That car has helped with Chrysler sales in non-US markets.  Sure, Chrysler has returned to NASCAR, but that doesn't help with sales in Europe and elsewhere.  Without the Viper Chrysler vanishes from the minds of many people.

Think of the cars that are racing outside of our borders - Corvette, Mustang, Junk, and Viper.  Now, take one away.

The world market was one of the reasons for building the Viper in the first place.  Chrysler is returning to the bunker mentality it had in the late 70's.  That's not good for my favorite marque, whether or not I would ever own a Viper.
It's green here in Chico!!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
Say It Ain't So!!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 11:49:54 AM »

The Viper in another's hands would be like Studebaker's Avanti when it lived on as the Avanti 2......it got a Chevy smallblock powerplant first, then it progressed to a GM frame swap, then it lost all of it's heritage and became a Vette/Camaro knockoff.......

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Say It Ain't So!!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 03:41:55 AM »

That's called Free Market Enterprise.  Mercifully euthenized by the public.  Under the old Russian Society, the original 1963 Studebaker Avanti would still be in production...

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Say It Ain't So!!!!
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 04:35:45 AM »

Quote from: Snotty
That doesn't mean they're bringing back Plymouth.  Ever heard of the "Chrysler Voyager?"

Nope. . The cuda is coming back in the Plymouth name.  Well thats waht several articles say and the dealer confirmed right now anyway.  Anything is liable to change with these damned kids running the place.

Bring back the 57 or 58 Fury. 

Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC