MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guess who's been driven?  (Read 1437 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2008, 08:23:02 AM »

Quote from: hurst1
Moe, you'll have the last laugh when a cardiologist is sending the Roto-Rooter cable through Snotty's coronary arteries.   By eating healthy olives, onions, and green peppers, you're getting plenty of anti-oxidants that will insure you will be driving yer Mopar long after they've pulled the plug on those sausage snorting, pepperoni pounding pizza pundits!

I wouldn't want to be within a mile of Snotty if he ate Peppers and onions.

Is that why they make sausage with Peppers and Onions?   Snotty would have the best of both worlds.
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2008, 08:25:08 AM »

Nice Shots Mo. . . .
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Snotty

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2008, 02:54:06 PM »

[/QUOTE]

I'm game!  I'll even barbecue this time!
It's green here in Chico!!

Ken

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2008, 04:49:24 PM »

I finally did it.  I did the ammeter bypass on Chaz.  It sure did suck working with mostly hand tools, kneeling in through the driver's door to get the firewall connector, not to mention having to remove the dash and drop the column to to the job 

As I posted in one of the threads here (roasting Mobby methinks) I  found a few connectors that got HOT yet the fusible link was fine

No pics of the handiwork, 'cause it is ugly, but I will NEVER have a fire at the bulkhead..woo hoo

It sucked having the amount of daylight left in a day determine how much work, I could do which meant the weekends were work days (and so was yesterday, thankee veterans).

My purchase of a laminated LARGE color wiring diagram was VERY handy, especially when I thought I had everything hooked up last Sunday only to learn <R.White> I was WRONG </R.White>.

After a little bit of studying the ol' diagram, I spotted that I forgot to reconnect the ground wire that goes back out to the engine bay from the dash (the wire was TOASTED at the bulkhead connection), and once I spliced new wire to it and back up to the dash, life was MUCH better.

The only REAL complaint I have is what yutz designed the linkage that connects the column to the instrument cluster so you know what gear you are supposedly in?  Sheesh! That and trying to get the column lined up while working around the steering wheel just about had me reaching for my Snap-On prybar to BEAT them into submission

Anyhoo, the master cylinder is next on the list, and the aluminum Mopar MC I got off EBag (with the adapter) just arrived today, Yay!!!

Moesy2008-11-12 21:52:08
'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 01:04:49 AM »

Forty years later, I still have nightmares about the dash I had to tear apart on my '67 Newport.  Forty years ago I cursed and swore at "what yutz designed this..."

Ken

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2008, 09:03:52 AM »

Quote from: Commando1
Forty years later, I still have nightmares about the dash I had to tear apart on my '67 Newport.  Forty years ago I cursed and swore at "what yutz designed this..."

The horror...the horror

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Tom Dawson

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2008, 06:03:38 PM »

Bravo Moe for getting Chaz done-one great looking hotrod, there is hope for my Fury yet
   Tom
P.S. I just need more cash
They loved him up and turned him into a horny toad( O Brother Where Art Thou? )
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC