MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Guess who's been driven?  (Read 1278 times)

Ken

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 02:23:53 PM »

Thanks guys, I'll have to upload a few pics I took while heading from the San Fernando Valley to Malibu on Friday.

Bob, pleasedtameetcha (not YOU, Stitch, sheesh...I'll have to make it to Carlisle for that, I think )

Hey Scott, I think I figured out why the passenger door was acting funky...I've never HAD passengers in the rear seat before, so I think it was a little flex in the BODY 'cause it hasn't acted weird since I left your place (then again, maybe you helped drive out a demon when you placed your hands on Chaz?  Oh, wait, that would have been a Dodge )

I'm enjoying driving Chaz and getting more than a few compliments (especially on the wheels, as a few guys asked about them Saturday..."Are those FACTORY wheels?"), or yesterday when I overheard one motorcyclist say to another (they were behind me) "Now THAT'S how a car SHOULD look!"

Moesy2008-10-20 19:24:22
'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Ken

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 02:27:11 PM »

And I DO have to give credit to our Big Kahoona for freely giving the advice to "make it a #2 car and drive the Snot out of it"...1 down, 1 to go  now that our right Rev. has been in it.

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 07:13:36 PM »

Quote from: Moesy

Bob, pleasedtameetcha (not YOU, Stitch, sheesh...I'll have to make it to Carlisle for that, I think )

sheesh yerself! I didna say nuthin!

Hey Scott, I think I figured out why the passenger door was acting funky...I've never HAD passengers in the rear seat before, so I think it was a little flex in the BODY 'cause it hasn't acted weird since I left your place

Too many shrimp!

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

azblackhemi

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 07:27:25 PM »

I got to see Chas in person this weekend at Fall Fling and have to say I was very impressed. Great looking car. The interior and wheels really set it apart from the rest.Good job Ken. It was also real nice to get to have lunch with Mosey and Snotty.  I hope we can do it again for Spring Fling. PS Snotty, I found the front license plate bracket.  PM me your shipping adress and I'll get it in the mail to you.
Horder of all NY'er's Newports, 300's and all other interesting "C" Bodies.Road Wheels AND SNAKES!!

Ken

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 02:29:58 PM »

Quote from: stitcherbob

sheesh yerself! I didna say nuthin!

Hey Scott, I think I figured out why the passenger door was acting funky...I've never HAD passengers in the rear seat before, so I think it was a little flex in the BODY 'cause it hasn't acted weird since I left your place

Too many shrimp!

Pizza....with black olives, green pepper, salami and pepperoni...and a salad....take away the greens for Scott though.

Snotty

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 10:16:20 AM »

Quote from: azblackhemi
I got to see Chas in person this weekend at Fall Fling and have to say I was very impressed. Great looking car. The interior and wheels really set it apart from the rest.Good job Ken. It was also real nice to get to have lunch with Mosey and Snotty.  I hope we can do it again for Spring Fling. PS Snotty, I found the front license plate bracket.  PM me your shipping adress and I'll get it in the mail to you.

Excellent!  I'll do so.

(Now people are wondering - bracket???) 
It's green here in Chico!!

Snotty

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 10:21:09 AM »

[/QUOTE]

Yeah!  Moe joins me, Frances, and Mariah at Cataldo's in Oildale.  I want my all-meat pizza but Moe orders OLIVES!!!  I gag!  We go back t the table and my wife and daughter CELEBRATE HIM!!!!  Then we get the salad and it's loaded with olives, onions, and peppers!!  Puke city!! 

At least the company was good! 

I agree with Azblack - Saturday was a fun time.  The three of us shared a lunch with my buddy Big John and his wife, Annie.  A good day indeed! 

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 04:02:43 PM »

Hey Moe!!!
   Chaz looks INCREDIBLE with the wheels!!!!!!!! You have good taste in cars my friend,but as for pizza, I gotta go with the Snottster!!!! MEAT!!!!!!!

Snotty

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 07:50:59 PM »

Amen Brother Ar!!

steve fogel

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2008, 05:06:14 PM »

Moe, you'll have the last laugh when a cardiologist is sending the Roto-Rooter cable through Snotty's coronary arteries.   By eating healthy olives, onions, and green peppers, you're getting plenty of anti-oxidants that will insure you will be driving yer Mopar long after they've pulled the plug on those sausage snorting, pepperoni pounding pizza pundits!

Ken

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 06:01:33 PM »

Maybe...and I DID have some salad (even took Scotty's unwanted black olives)...but I don't mind having an all meat pizza, too.

Just as long as it doesn't have chicken , I'm good.

BTW, here's a few from the cruise I did last Friday, from Van Nuys to Malibu (after driving down from Fresno.  3 hours to get to Van Nuys, 'natch).
The beginning, meeting at Woodley Park, where Fall Fling would be happening the next day (Saturday Oct. 18)

A stop along the way, the Rock Shop.  I didn't park next to the A-bodies because there were some bikes parked at one end.

Just to make you guys back East a little jealous, look at what was peeking from across the street...

This concert line-up sounded pretty good to me!

Not listed was The Tubes!!!

Anyhoo, we continued on to another vista spot further up the canyon as we headed West to Malibu, and a late lunch at Dukes

I found out Chaz isn't quite ready for regular canyon carving, as the heat in the engine bay caused the secondary chamber in the master cylinder to boil a little, which made braking very hazardous...as in NO PEDAL!

But, we made it to Malibu without incident

I turned 180 degrees from the garbage cans, and to the East was Pepperdine University

When we got to Dukes, it wad valet parking.  When the guy leading the cruise got to the valet, he let him know we wanted to park together, and eventually the valet got the clue and let use park our own cars together.  As Justin later said, "Like I'M going to let somebody else park MY car!"

I didn't have *much* brake trouble on the way back to Van Nuys (via Topanga Canyon), thank goodness!

And this was the only pic I took at the Fall Fling the next day...not that I didnt have opportunity to take lots of pics, but I just didn't

Moesy2008-10-24 23:09:02

Ken

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 06:10:29 PM »

Quote from: Snotty

Pizza....with black olives, green pepper, salami and pepperoni...and a salad....take away the greens for Scott though.

Yeah!  Moe joins me, Frances, and Mariah at Cataldo's in Oildale.  I want my all-meat pizza but Moe orders OLIVES!!!  I gag!  We go back t the table and my wife and daughter CELEBRATE HIM!!!!  Then we get the salad and it's loaded with olives, onions, and peppers!!  Puke city!! 

At least the company was good! 

[/QUOTE]

AMEN!

Good to see you again, Chris!  I'll have to see how things work out for Spring Fling

Ken

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2008, 06:15:05 PM »

What Scott has left out of the pizza dinner, is there was a special, 20" pizza with 2 meat and 2 veggie topping, salad and 4 drinks for $35.  So he orders the pizza, wants to get it made with 4 meat toppings, is told "That's not how the special works", and then the guy behind the counter offers to have the green peppers and olives on half along with the pepperoni and salami, and half without the green peppers and olives.

We all ate good, and the company was even better.

Steve, you or anyone else back East might want to see if a trip back out West can be made so Scott can play "host", since he's got the perfect house to do it!

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2008, 06:19:00 PM »

Hey nice pics Moe!!! thanks for sharing!!! I think I'm gonna move to Cali and go to Snotty's Church!!! and drive Ruby every day!!!!
As for Snotty's and my arteries......there is pizza sauce on pizza that has plenty of antioxidants in it to make up for the meat!!!!! My Cholestrol is just right!!!!

Ken

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2008, 06:27:27 PM »

You do that, Ar! 

Here's a few more pics...
the view from the table we were eating at

and a good quote on the take out box for my left-overs/dinner later that night

3 more Fall Fling pics

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC