MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Guess who's been driven?  (Read 1283 times)

Ken

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« on: August 15, 2008, 08:49:01 PM »

Oh yeah!  Take a peek...as seen from the INSIDE of where I work, taken last Friday

Here's a better shot, outside

My co-worker, Juliegh, parked on my left to help portect Chaz from getting any door dings.  She's cool, had a Camaro as her first car and got to work on it with her father, so she appreciates cars, and if one couldn't tell from her license plate, she's a HUGE Disney fan.  LOVES going to Disneyland when ever possible, has been to DisneyWorld and EuroDisneyland, too.

Anyway, I took a shot of the car that night, and while it was a little blurry due to my not being able to hold it steady while the aperture was open, I think it's kinda cool, in a nighttime fair ride kinda way.

I also have electronic ignition installed, which will later get tucked onto a bracket that will mount on the rear valley pan rail, but in the mean time it will stay here.

I just got the car back today from a recommended shop that replaced the starter relay for me (I know I could have done it, but it's been over 105 freakin' degrees the past 2 days here! Gimme a break! ) and also did some
finer adjustments to the carb for the fast idle, and made sure the
timing was good , and it was adjusted to 11 BTDC (instead of the 5 BTDC for CAP
car, which is FINE with me), with 36 degrees total.

They also found my #5 cylinder is running at  a lower compression than everything else, and hopefully it's just a build-up of carbon.  I'll get an oil change done, maybe add some Marvel Mystery Oil to the case, and a bottle of Techroline to the tank and do a road trip (Hmmmmmmmm...Scotty???)

Oh, I saw this just don the street from the shop, and figured it was a cool thing (a visual pun, if you will)

I gotta say, the car runs almost perfect right now, with a barely perceptible stumble from said #5 cylinder, and now that the alternator has been upgraded to a 60A unit, since the 45A unit was toast, I'm a lot more comfortable about driving it.  Heck, I cruised around for the better part of an hour tonight after I finished my workout, since it was a beautiful summer night with a full moon!

I even listend to the radio, both AM and the FM Tuner that I added

Damn, but the car looks good...now I've got to see about gettin' the Vectors thrown on him

Moesy2008-08-16 01:55:52
'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Ken

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 08:58:09 PM »

Here's a mock-up of the wheel center I plan on using. That's the appliqué from a 1979 Cordoba 300 rear tail lamp on the American Racing center emblem.

Here's how it looks without the 300 appliqué

Moesy2008-08-16 02:05:00
'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Johnny D.

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 06:11:44 AM »

there's nothing like being behind the wheel of your own automobile....

car is looking great man. great that your enjoying it to...

"Rock and Roll's been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died."- John Milner

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 07:16:57 AM »

Looking gooooood!

Gotta do something about those wheels soon....all that fine paint needs something more than cop type wheels.

I don't know if I would drive around CA with a license plate that says "goofy"..... though it may describe one's driving style

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Brian

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 02:53:12 PM »

Chaz is looking good...I know how nice it is to FINALY get to cruise in the car after so much time and work.

I had a meeting at work the other night and brought the wagon out...I ended up going for a drive after the meeting, and then the next day used it to do my errands around town.
Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 02:14:20 PM »

Moesy, If I said it once I've said it.......uh.....well........uh.....er...A BUNCH of times
THAT IS ONE SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET RIDE!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it with the new wheels!!!!

Ken

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 02:47:00 PM »

Quote from: ardog
Moesy, If I said it once I've said it.......uh.....well........uh.....er...A BUNCH of times
Ard, your wish is my command, Voila!

It looks better than I even imagined!   Gotta hit those whitewalls with some cleaner though...but not right now, it's 106 FREAKIN' degrees here right now   Thank goodness Chaz has WORKING A/C

Moesy2008-08-29 19:51:00

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 03:09:50 PM »

Copy Cat 

Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Ken

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 03:11:55 PM »

CopyWHAT??  

Ken

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 12:41:02 PM »

Hay Bob! Lea!! Matt!  Anyone else!???

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 01:40:47 PM »

Those wheels look sooooooooo right for that car.

Matt Aker

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 02:06:49 PM »

That look is awesome Moe!  Chaz is riding high now and looking GREAT!
Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 07:17:49 AM »

Moe you don't know me yet...I'm Bob from upstate NY...but I just had to say that's one beautiful 300. Man o man there must be some rubber neckin' as you drive down the road...Nice ride and best wishes...
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Snotty

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 07:32:08 AM »

I went for a ride with Moe last Saturday - that's a sweet car he has.  
It's green here in Chico!!

Mike

• View Profile
Guess who's been driven?
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 08:44:19 AM »

Alright Moe!!, Car looks great man!, Glad everything came together good for you. Enjoy many a good cruise man.

Part of the Jersey Mob.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC