MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: booster question  (Read 699 times)

Paul

• View Profile
booster question
« on: July 20, 2008, 01:48:40 PM »

I need to remove the push rod from the booster to install it in a replacement booster.  This is a Midland Ross booster.  The rod that I am referring to is the one that bolts to the brake pedal.  I got a replacement booster, but it doesn't have the rod with it.  I tried pulling it out, but without any luck.  Does anyone know what the trick is to removing this rod?  thanks Junk

Snotty

• View Profile
booster question
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 06:40:02 PM »

No one has answered this.  I did it once, but don;t rememebr how, which is why I have not replied.

Sorry
It's green here in Chico!!

Paul

• View Profile
booster question
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 03:17:42 PM »

I have since learned that it is held in by a plastic clip that fits into a groove inside the booster valve.  You need to hold the valve from pulling out of the booster, and then pull on the rod until you break the clip.  I have since found that that replacement booster is also defective, and I have sent the booster to Booster Dewey in Oregon for repair.  $125 plus return shipping and it will be like new again.  http://www.boosterdeweyexchange.com/

Snotty

• View Profile
booster question
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 03:59:59 PM »

That's not a bad price.  I paid the same to have a booster rebuilt over 10 years ago. 

You think there would be a place to buy the parts to rebuild them yourself.  But  nnnnnnnNNNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!   
It's green here in Chico!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC