MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: How would the Joisey Mob handle this?  (Read 476 times)

Ken

• View Profile
How would the Joisey Mob handle this?
« on: July 19, 2008, 05:26:06 PM »

I had made arrangements for a larger storage space at another new franchise location "down the road a piece" from me, since Chaz will be coming "home" soon-ish.  I paid for 6 months for an enclosed 13'x25' unit (basically for a small RV) on July 1, and dropped off some stuff the shop no longer needed (nor wanted to have around), to wit;
the tilt-telescoping column assembly, 14" spare tire and wheel, two wheel covers, the unused '73 brake booster, the original drum m/c and booster assembly, both halves of a grille (the damaged pieces), the original AFB from Chaz now that the Edelbrock piece is in its place, a repop Year One hp passenger side exhaust manifold, and other stuff I can't remember.

I planned on moving out of the 10'x15' unit I've been using for about 2 year at the end of this month, and so today I loaded up a few things and went to the newer facility to drop them off.

I backed up to the enclosed unit, and when I got out, saw there was NO LOCK!  And yes, what stuff I had unloaded over 2 weeks earlier was gone too.

Obviously the storage facility has no liability, per their contract , but I was informed there was still some construction going on until a few weeks ago, so I'm sure someone who was sub-contracted for whatever construction that was occurring might have decided to "take a peek" into my storage place, having bolt-cutters handy or maybe a lock-pick set, and helped themselves.

While there ARE cameras, they do not have any recordings.  I'm pooched, basically.

SO, I checked out of said unit, got a credit slip for the full amount I paid, and went back to the smaller unit location, and since the quarterly rent is due at the end of the month, I gave it to them, paying for 6 months and having a little credit towards another quarter, and reloaded what I had in the Nissan BACK into the smaller space.

That's about how  feel today.

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 05:26:45 PM »

The other view of this is thank GOd I did not have Chaz parked there, and that only a few parts were taken!
Moesy2008-07-19 22:27:14
'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 05:45:26 PM »

Well, the mobsters would "take the manager for a ride...." but I would see what the $$$ amount of what you lost was and sue in small claims for it. Contract aside, if it was an inside job or you weren't treated right by the management, then they will pay for it with bad publicity and a few fliers detailing what happened to you - shoved under the rest of the storage units doors will get the word out to the others. They may settle out of court to keep the bad publicity quiet....

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 05:51:46 PM »

There may be a new development tomorrow...stay tuned.

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 06:42:56 PM »

Too bad..I would have bought the right HP from you.
Going public would be in your favor--especially with a new establishment.
Also, do what the Mob has done before.
Load up the search engines on the web.
It worked for Polaraco when he put a campaign against his insurance company for the damages and claim settlement on his '59 Saratoga.
It took some time,but he got what he wanted in the end...
Bailing out now was a smart thing to do.You can still bad mouth them on the web since it is a public forum.
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »

WTF!

I'd be up the managers butt so far, his nose would be plugged.  They are obligated to provide security.  Right?
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 08:41:40 PM »

Wow Moe!  That's really too bad. 

Burn the place down and blame it on the Joisey boys!

It's green here in Chico!!

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 02:38:14 AM »

Ummm.... wasn't the stuff really in YOUR garage which is covered under your homeowner's policy.....

Commando12008-07-20 07:41:36

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 10:40:11 AM »

Um...about this post??  Myeah....I was wrong. Sorry guys, put the pitchforks and torches away...or save them to use on me 

I did not pay attention to which unit I was assigned, and basically dumped my stuff in a nearby unit, which is what I was shown for an idea of what I would be renting *d'oh!*

It's all my mistake, and I'm going back to remove the things I thought I lost.  So no more picking on Mobby, it seems I'm the new court jester here *I know nuhZhing, NUH-ZHING!!*

NOTHING bad to say about the storage place, they're stand-up good guys, so no more bad mouthing about them, either

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 10:42:21 AM »

Lea, it's a LH E/B body HP manifold (again, my mistake...getting old sux , not a C-body unit, although I DO know of someone nearby who does have a C-body piece.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 11:06:01 AM »

MOBBY!  You're in charge of the cement.  I'll drive 

You're old?  I can imagine all those poor imigrants you deny benifits too!  LOL

WHO YOU CALLING OLD!  DAMNED KIDS!

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 12:02:35 PM »

uh oh, did I wake somebody from his nap?  

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 01:23:50 PM »

No.  ..You fractured my bottle of Geritol!

Hey, not that you have found your stuff, I could used a good booster and master for the VOAB.  I'm not converting it

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 03:08:15 PM »

Steve, I've got the booster, so let me know if ya want it. 

Matt Aker

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 03:53:42 PM »

Those unit numbers are awful small.  Ya wanna' borrow my glasses Moe?   
Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC