MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I got great news!  (Read 1114 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I got great news!
« on: July 16, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »

Next Wednesday I am going to the Bear Mt, NY. Cruise-in to meet Rich Eherenberg of Mopar Action and finally get Polaraco pics for the Magazine.

It gets better!  There will be an A, B and Polaraco (C), all with Magnums installed.  Savvy Savoy will be next to the Polaraco.  The A is another guy Rich knows who is having some troubles with it and Rich wants me to look at it with him.  I don't know if there are any E's local with a Magnum, but I am sure he will dig one up.

I think what he plans to do is line them all up together, shoot some shots, and then some of the cars by themselves.  There is supposed to be a write up done on all together and one at a time.  Rich said, Polaraco is the most sophisticated because it has A/C, Power Windows, and so on.  The other two are plain Janes.  The Savoy just had a Year 1 interior installed so this ought to be interesting putting a Stitcher Bob interior next to that. . .

Not only is Polaraco going to this show, but it is the first real road trip it has ever taken.  Once I get the front end aligned, Friday, she will be worthy of the task.  I can take that beast anywhere now.

All I need in the trunk is a spare tire cover, which we may have just enough material for.

Wooo Hoooo!

POLARACO2008-07-16 21:47:03
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
I got great news!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 05:29:52 PM »

Put a bug in E-Booger's ear for me will ya?
He really enjoyed the rear door handle tech article.
CBarge2008-07-16 22:30:14
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I got great news!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 05:59:04 PM »

He's dying to drive this thing.  He and you will be surprised.

Tom Atkinson

• View Profile
I got great news!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 01:16:52 AM »

Sounds like a great deal and should be a blast.  When and where will you be having the mag signing for us to get our copies autographed?

chuck lowe

• View Profile
I got great news!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 05:09:52 AM »

kool an automobile spread . i'm tired of seeing bikini's  and boobs. lets see fenders and tail lights--------------------------------------------later
lest we forget

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I got great news!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 05:27:27 AM »

Quote from: Chrysler300
Sounds like a great deal and should be a blast.  When and where will you be having the mag signing for us to get our copies autographed?

That part I don't know

Probably next issue in a couple of months.  If this were Mopar Muscle, I wouldn't even bother.  Action has a better format and is not full of crap in it's tech section.  Nor do they advocate tearing C's apart for the engines.  Even though Eherenberg does not like C's, he doesn't like to see a good car go to waste either.  His attitude is: "Go buy a crate motor you cheap Ba$t*^d"   Ya gotta love the guy

Matt Aker

• View Profile
I got great news!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 06:29:37 AM »

I've been waiting for this for a while!  Good show Steve
Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I got great news!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 05:19:34 PM »

Well the race to get ready is on.

Bob is throwing together a tire cover for the trunk from scraps, paint 2 armrests for the front that didn't come out well

Benny the body man is going to repaint my header, repair a couple of rust spots in the RR quarter that popped up.  He's also going to paint my NOS valance.  The one on the car is broken.  I hit a snow bank last year with it and broke the LF corner all up.  We'll install that too.  I have my Moparfins flyers printed and ready to take with me.

I have to really clean the white seats up, detail the entire interior and glue up a couple of pieces of vinyl the heat got too.  Nothing major there.  Just a couple of small spots.  Gonna clean the engine compartment and undercarriage from the front seal leak.  Then armor all the engine lightly.  I have a couple of little spots in the engine bay that need some attention in the wiring.  I'm taking along the delay wiper setup and the solid state clock to show Eherenberg.

Tomorrow morning, I finally get the front end aligned, been trying to get that done since I replaced the lower bushings in April.  It's had a pull and wandered from the beginning.

Wednesday I take it to my steam cleaner car wash and get the whole outside done over.

Wednesday afternoon I leave for Bear Mt.  I'll bring the big camera which holds allot of shots.

So Saturday is the only day I will have to do my part.  Benny the body guy is going in on Sunday to start on the repairs.

I am so excited to finally get this car in the lime lite

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I got great news!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 07:15:46 PM »

Today was a busy day

I finished up all the electrical connections I wanted to improve, touched up a few places under the hood with some color and clear (Bolt heads, stuff like that)

I cleaned the top and bottom of the engine and suspension and armor alled the engine compartment to hide all the imperfections.  I'll shoot some pics of the engine bay when I get the car back.

Scrubbed the roof and interior real good.  Smells too clean in there now.  Vacuumed the trunk, wiped down all the door jams, cleaned the wheels, (Found this great new stuff at Wall Mart for these new wheels)  Touched up a few spots under the car with paint, adjusted the trans height for the last time (No more drive shaft vibes at high speed)  And toweled down the car.

I took it to the body shop tonight.  He's working on it tomorrow for me.  He painted the new  NOS valance I got from Nigel (Leaburns buddy-- EDIT: which Leaburn delivered personally via cross border contraban,LOL!! ) already, so it's just the header and the 1/4 which need his attention.  I'll get it back Tuesday.

I'm starting to see scratches in the bumpers. . . .Guess I better get those guard rails ready.

CBarge2008-07-20 00:26:14

Snotty

• View Profile
I got great news!
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 08:44:12 PM »

Be sure to remember us little guys on your way to the top!
It's green here in Chico!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I got great news!
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 04:16:21 AM »

Yeah. . .It's lonely at the top CBarge2008-07-21 20:11:05

steve fogel

• View Profile
I got great news!
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 08:01:27 AM »

you "Gotti" get all those bodies out of the trunk......."clean up this mess"    Goodfellas

Bill Mounteer

• View Profile
I got great news!
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 09:00:25 AM »

Outstanding !!!!

Preparation, sounds worse than getting ready for a first date!

Some days you eat bear, some days the bear eats you!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I got great news!
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 11:01:28 AM »

Yeah. . .I guess Bill

2 years of neglect and not having the time to tend to the problems

Ken

• View Profile
I got great news!
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 12:08:32 PM »

Yay Steve!! VERY cool! I look forward to reading about the event. Ehrenberg just flat-out rocks!

Here's to a good trip and fun while you are there

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC