MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is it worth  (Read 1208 times)

Obsa

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 07:07:43 AM »

Hello, finally got the son to upload a picture to my computer.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 12:03:53 PM »

BUY IT
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Bill Mounteer

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 02:09:12 PM »

I've got to agree - buy it!

I'm a cheap SOB but $2K sounds like the right starting point. Lay about $1,500 on the fender using $20 bills and I'll bet he takes it!

Some days you eat bear, some days the bear eats you!

Obsa

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 04:30:10 PM »

More Pics

steve fogel

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 07:22:46 PM »

I agree with all of the above.......they ain't makin' any new ones......if you can afford it, buy it

steve fogel

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 07:24:48 PM »

My 58 Belvedere has the 318 Poly engine......runs like a clock......now if we could just fix that pesky tranny leak before I get my new garage done......

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 04:59:26 PM »

Yeah I gotta say too....BUY IT!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

James Brown Jr,

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 01:05:51 PM »

BUY IT. before i do . looks like a deal
176K miles 10/22

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 02:43:35 PM »

Good Grief  Anythings better than what Foamy drives

Obsa

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2008, 04:26:25 PM »

Well it took about a month of talking and walking away and talking some more but we drove it home today.  I actually drove it home (about five miles or so from "her" old home).  Power steering, power brakes, push button shifting, wide as the road and tailfins. It doesn't get much better than that and that old car smell (to paraphase Roland "that about the best smell in the world except maybe ......).  I am a bit concerned about the brakes, they work fine for 1960 brakes but aren't they a single master cylinder system? I do have a 1978 Fury wagon stashed "back in the hollow" .  How much of the later brake system can be adapted to the 60? Also the rear axle system, don't the 60s have those tapered rear hubs that will expand ones use of "salty" language?  

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2008, 04:47:27 PM »

First of all.  GOOD FOR YOU!       

You have what is known as a Bellows booster system.  What you would need is a manual brake Master Cylinder.  The master sits under the booster.  I have to tell you you'll need to be a bit creative with the cover on the master as you can't see inside it because of the booster being in the way.  Guys have put dip sticks in the covers, like the tube off the old ford power steering pumps.

Disc Brakes
The 78 definitely will not work.  But you can use the proportioning valve if you are going to a dual master.  If you are planning on keeping the original wheels, I might suggest you contact Roger at www.aajbrakes.com.  He has true bolt on conversions.  You can get a rear kit from him too.

Tapered shafts
Yep!  It's got 'em.  There is a special tool to get them off too.  I have one.  But there are other ways opf getting them off too.  Loosen the cassle nut and drive around the block left and right hard until they pop.  But don't go too far!   There is a way of converting the rear to floating drums. . .  You need the right rear.  An 8 3/4 rear is an 8 3/4 rear.  If you can find one the right width, you can get the axles, backing plates and brake drums.  It's minimal amount of work.  The axles just slide out from the outside.  But make sure it doesn't have a sure grip first.  My suggestion is to PM "60Dart" and ask him what rear to use for parts.  I think he knows.  Tell Chuck, I sent you.

What else do you want to know?  We're here to help!

Obsa

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 08:54:58 AM »

We decided to do a basic brake job on the Fury (new shoes & turn drums).  We got a shock when trying to buy shoes, my son works at the "flaps" and told me they couldn't get them.
I orginally thought well there just not on the computer so I find them on the web.  Sure enough NAPA listed them so sent off an order, two days later I get an email parts not availble. Back to the web, no, nope, no, etc.  Finally found a place that said they had them believe it or not just 40 miles from my home.  Thought I would include a link and ask if anyone here had dealt with this place before. fmmpar@yahoo.com

Obsa

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 08:57:25 AM »

That didn't work, try again

http://www.mmpar.com

Obsa2008-09-09 13:59:25

Obsa

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 09:24:41 AM »

Oh yeah if this doesn't work out does any one else know where the brakes shoes can be found?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC