MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What is it worth  (Read 1332 times)

Obsa

• View Profile
What is it worth
« on: July 07, 2008, 05:24:55 PM »

Looked over the site and did not see a specific location for this question. I have been a Mopar  fan  since the mid sixties owned a few, 1956 Dodge with a red ram engine , a 1965 Fury III SW, 1970 Duster 340, 1971 Charger, 1968 Barracuda, 1968 Coronet, 1969 Fury III Conv. and a 1978 Plymouth Fury SW.  Still have the Coronet and the 78 parked out back in
the "hollow".  I thought I had bought  my  last Mopar but Today my son comes home and wants me to go with him to look at some cars. I was not to interested until he mentioned a 1960 Fury, suddenly visions of Tail Fins  filled my head.  I decided to go have a looksee just in case. As we pulled up a long drive there parked to the side she sat Light Blue and White decent paint , good stainless, an intact interior and no visible damage. The owner walked down to where she was parked  (at least he didn't look like Roland LeBay)an cranked her right up. Now before I say too much she has the 318 poly motor, and four doors

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 05:31:10 PM »

First of all, WELCOME!!
There is nothing wrong with four doors and a Poly teen.
The motor is easy to maintain and repair.
Four door means easier acsess for your son's friends.
Sounds like a heckuva deal,let's see some pics!!  
CBarge2008-07-07 22:32:00
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Obsa

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 05:46:56 PM »

Hey thanks for the Fast Reply,  My computer crashed before I finished the most important part the owner wants 2000 for it ( I was expecting to hear a higher number myself) I'll get some pics up as soon as I get my son to upload them from his phone.  I agree about the four doors  always preferred them "back in the day"  the extra stiff B pillar made them seem a bit steadier  on them midnight runs down the dirt roads.  You younger guys probably don't know what I am talking about but I am sure the older guys do.

David McDonnell

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 05:52:07 PM »

Hi OBSA.........Sounds like u got teen/ready/to/drive ........Lucky you!!!
Am sure the '60 four-door could be very practical for your boy.....and sense they don't have many drive-ins left in U.S. today....it would be almost pointless to point out the fact that 8 buddies fit in the trunck of a '57 Lincoln convertible, or 7+ in a '57 Desoto Convert.........318 will give fair gas milage and still manage to push a few unsafe neons off the right of way. Young teens are discouraged from riding w/ other teens today.
But, the four door sedan will be good hauler for parts to reconstruct Father - Son projects...HUH?....LOL............jus' make sure he learns safety and responsibility.........the "cruisers" will come later....
Dave
Previously Owned:
'57 DeSoto Adventurer Conv.
'61 Chrysler 300G w/AutoPilot!
'71 Charger 440R/T 6Pak
Dave 870-248-0033 anytime

Obsa

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 06:03:54 PM »

Well actually He has been driving for about ten years so he has learned ( the hard way on a few things) about driving.  I told him to use "training cars to start with" I think "Chevys" is what they call them  .  Actually he still has one a 1950 Styleline Special with a 1959 235 six and T5 transmission about 75% finished. After I got hurt at work he took my F100 since I couldn't  drive anyway.  I stay after him all the time about taking care of my truck.  But I know about the safety issues nowadays, thinking back on my younger days .

David McDonnell

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 06:19:08 PM »

[color=#ff0000 size=2]Click here: eBay Motors: 1957 Century Coronado 21 ft. Runabout (item 330250039888 end time Jul-12-08 12:06:33 PDT)[/color][/url][color=#ff0000 size=2] ...........now you hook this runabout behind a '57 Chrysler 300-C and take to the lake, w/ a 5 ft.9" black haired dude and watch him signing autographs by "Bobby Darin" like we did in the Finger Lakes in 1959........[/color]
[color=#ffffff size=2]What a hoot that was........Did Bobby really die????[/color]
[color=#ffffff size=2]WHAT'S THAT WORTH????[/color]
[color=#ffffff size=2]LOL[/color]
[color=#ffffff size=2]Dave[/color]
Previously Owned:
'71 Charger 440R/T 6Pak

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 06:27:14 PM »

I have my book right here.  It obviously runs so lets ask some other basic questions.

What kind of shape is it in?  Is all the trim and bits there?  Does it look like it has had chimpanzees or real mechanics working on it?  Are there any options?  Power steering, rudder, Ship to shore, stuff like that.

But here's the basics.  I am assuming it's a sedan, they didn't make hard tops in 60.  So I will give you a range between a #4 and 5 grade car.  I'll use the Savoy Model.  It's the lower grade, but there's less than a hundred between the Belvie and the Savoy.  Fury is about 300 more.

#4  Running and driveable, but needs a fair amount of work.
$2340.00
#5  Running and not missing the majority of parts.  Needs a complete resto
$1400.00

Hope this helps
[color=#ffff00 size=7]WELCOME![/color]

I'm glad you feel at home.  I guess this is as good a spot as any.  Now if CBarge does his job, he should be posting a formal welcome.

Steve

Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

David McDonnell

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 07:11:19 PM »

[color=#ff0000 size=2]Click here: eBay Motors: Chrysler : Newport (item 250267888651 end time Jul-12-08 13:13:06 PDT)[/color][/url][color=#ff0000 size=2] ........[/color]
[color=#ffffff size=3]OBSA.....by the time books are researched,printed and distributed and read & shared....they are history......... today![/color]
[color=#ffffff size=3]Ebay sets the price on any used stuff today. That being what ANYONE is WILLING to pay for any given thing and very used 4 dr. sedans are not in short supply today in this depressed car market. IE[/color]
[color=#ffffff size=3]Canton, GA. is not far from you.....look at this '74 Chrysler sedan w/ working AC!!!.....500 bucks bid....auction almost done. Bet 1000-1100 will buy this solid car for cheap transportation for the boy.[/color]
[color=#ffffff size=3]I really can't believe anyone on this site would pay $2300+? for a 48 year old Plymouth sedan!![/color]
[color=#ffffff size=3]Money is money today.....don't let the boy get buried in a slick sales pitch on something that old![/color]
[color=#ffffff size=3]Drive smart and safe![/color]
[color=#ffffff size=3].......and if he has been driving for 10 years....where are his purchased cars?....by the age of 26 he should have had 4-6 cars already....[/color]
[color=#ffffff size=3]HMMMMM.......[/color]
[color=#ffffff size=3]Dave[/color]
[color=#ffffff size=3]Dave[/color]
Previously Owned:
'71 Charger 440R/T 6Pak

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 04:13:20 AM »

Sorry Dave. . .I hate to disagree on that about ebay.  The bargan hunter, scurge and lots of dishonest go to ebay looking to steal something.  People selling the car don't know any better if they go there.  In many cases, all ebay does is devaluate the car.  Look at Arlens as an example.  I'm going to post my 59 on Craigslist and Hemmings this time.

For a free site, the quality of vehicle on craigslist is much better than ebay.

Ebay is doing nothing but driving the price down on our stuff.

David McDonnell

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 04:31:51 AM »

Say what you want about ebay........it moves more cars than ony other medium. AND that is why you have to be very careful......as any auction. The fact that it is driving prices down only reinforces its effect on the market. I've heard of  bad deals on Craigslist myself ; Ebay just handles more so you get more bad guys. True value is what someone is willing to pay for it. Paying more doesn't make it worth more.......on ebay or anywhere.
mho
Dave
Previously Owned:
'71 Charger 440R/T 6Pak

Obsa

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 06:49:30 AM »

Steve, it is a Fury interior intact,just a bit worn, all stainless there, has a crack in the winsheild in the upper left corner, no visible major rust, running drivable been in a carport until just recently.  I am no expert but I believe it would easily be a high 4.

Dave my son had a 76 Nova he drove thru High School it suffered a front end damage from wet roads and following too close at a redlight  all usable parts were salvaged. Then he bought a 86 Cutlass V6 that he added an edelbrock intake and 600 holley and Dual exhaust and of course the requesite "sound system". Then he got "Honda Fever" with a 93 Civic Hatchback. Then came the 50 Chevy I spoke of earlier that been a two year project.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 10:10:18 AM »

My sugestion is to grab it

Jimmy

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 11:02:38 AM »

It would be nice to see some detailed pictures but I would have to agree, grab it. If only an oppertunity on a car like that would be a possibility here on the rock. 
66'300 vert ~ 68'VIP fastop          

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 03:05:01 PM »

Yup GRAB IT!!!
Oh yeah and....
ardog2008-07-08 20:06:07

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
What is it worth
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 04:24:44 AM »

Say what you want about ebay but it is the 800 lb. guerilla.
And it is a reference point.  Guys like us know how to use the data we get from it to our advantage.  We're in a better position to know a good deal or not.  Ebay is a good monitor of the industry, for good or bad.  How you use ebay is what separates you from the rest.
I do find it a usefull tool.
Besides, I'm addicted....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC