MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy 4th of July! ROAD TRIP!!!  (Read 535 times)

Ken

• View Profile
Happy 4th of July! ROAD TRIP!!!
« on: July 03, 2008, 08:24:01 PM »

And I'm taking Chaz!  I'm going to visit some relatives in Grass Valley and see the parade in Nevada City   It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive.

He got an alignment yesterday, and I gotta tell y'all, those 1.12" Firm Feel bars WORK!  Very comfortable ride, hardly any float at all, the brakes work like a charm, and those are all GOOD THINGS. Heck, I even fixed my fubar from when I swapped out my radio and got the A/C back in action!

The bad; I found out my headlamps are wonky, with the left low beam burning out tonight, and the low-beams outta alignment (I had the lamps inspected/adjusted in March 2006, so either I got water in them recently or the crappy lamps from my parts grille were installed), the turn signal indicators on the fenders are not hooked up/MIA, I'm getting feedback through the map light too, and the new antenna is a little loose, and still no reception from the radio even though it IS working and the fader switch is too.

No night driving, obviously.  I also did get a jumper from the alternator output to the starter relay to take some of the load of the fusible link going into the ammeter in the dash, and I think I will do like the factory did and upgrade that connection to a buss bar at the bulkhead connector.

Anyhoo, y'all take care...hope the Canadian contingent survived Canada Day too

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 11:00:13 AM »

Sounds like fun Moe!!! Have a good time!!! Good luck to you and Chaz!!!

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 01:38:44 PM »

Well, I made it there (Grass Valley/Nevada City) and back, with nary a problem other than the aforementioned head lamps.

Chaz LOVES cruising around 70 MPH, although I have to be careful with the speedo being off by about 20% The only time I saw a hint of the temp in the cooling system being too hot was after a rest stop, and I had been driving for over 2 hours at that point, but the idiot loght went out as soon as the engine was running.  I think an upgrade to an electric fan for cooling after the engine is off might be in the works.

Anyhoo, here's a few pics I took documenting the momentous occasion

Starting on 99 North-bound, having been on the road for about 50 minutes:

Bob, that's the route to Gilroy/San Jose, and growing up, I lived less than 2 miles away from the Winchester Mystery House, fyi.

I saw this Junk while going through Modesto...I wasn't sure if it was a true 'vert, but it looked nice

Two 300's on the road...'cept Chaz is a 2 door, like the original 300 car

Pit stop on Florin Rd south Sacramento

I didn't even get a full tank!

Yup, Chaz is like me...premium whiskey tastes on a beer budget   At least he didn't ping during the whole trip.

I got to the parade, held in Nevada City this year (Grass Valley and Nevada City are so close geographically, that they trade-off hosting the 4th of July parade every year) and after parking and walking to the start of the parade, which had been going on for about a half hour, I took a few pics of, what else, some neat cars and a few other thing that caught my eye.

Neat Polara 500...powered by a 318 A poly.  It was with the "E Clampus Vitus" Chapter 10 group. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_Clampus_Vitus

Parade official's using Segway's....how "green" of them.  Those that were using them, to my eye, were the ones least needy of them...whodathunk?

The llamas were waiting their turn to join the parade.  When the local Democrat PArty branch saw them, the chant "Obama needs a Llama!" went up.  I could think of other things he needs, but that's a whole 'nuther topic

Some brand of electric car I've never heard of..go figure

Chaz parked in front of my aunt's home in Grass Valley.
And another photo while heading back home yesterday.

I bought a whole set of headlamps yesterday and installed them (Sylvania halogen's, H5001 and H5006, high-beam and low-beam, respectively) and rough-guesstimated the adjustments.  At least they all work now, and in addition to having most of them in the ball park of where they need to be, I'll be adding a relay system for the headlamps.

I'm glad I was able to make the trip.
Moesy2008-07-06 18:55:32
'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 01:48:56 PM »

Great pics Moe! Thanks for takin us there!

That guy's girlfriend looked pretty bad......oh that was a llama!

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 01:57:18 PM »

Bob, yer right on that!   BTW, did you pass along those 152 photos I took for  ya a week ago?

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 02:24:33 PM »

What was the final outcome of the MPG Moe?

Gotta say that car looks sharp.  Wishing you many good miles with it.

I hope VOAB comes out like that. . . It's getting there
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 03:37:58 PM »

Steve, I haven't made that calculation yet...it might as well be in measurement of "six-packs per mile"  

Matt Aker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 11:12:50 AM »

Great pix Moe!  Thanks for sharing them, it looks like you had a great time! 

I'm a little partial to the one photo   That Land Rover is an 80" wb Series I made before the 1953 model year!  RARE anywhere, let alone in Cali!
Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 07:57:09 PM »

Matt, I will have to take your word on that Rover.  as an aside, I seem to remember talking to a dot-com type in Los Gatos some years ago who has a stash of Land Rovers, and the one he had at the tire shop I happened to be at  (can't remember WHY at the moment) was either being prepped for a round the world trip or had just done it.  This was about 5-6 years ago.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC