MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sad news from Chrysler Headquarters  (Read 241 times)

David McDonnell

• View Profile
Sad news from Chrysler Headquarters
« on: June 20, 2008, 05:52:56 PM »

[color=#ff0000 size=2]Click here: Nardelli: Industry declines worse than anticipated | Automotive News Blog - Wide Open Throttle[/color][/url] ..........Things look bleak back at the ranch, fellas.
[color=#ffffff size=2]This is gonna be one tough year for auto sales & auto workers. What would help Chrysler more than anything else right now?......Our inputs might show what the EXPERTS can't seem to get a handle on.[/color]
[color=#ffffff size=2]Dave[/color]
Previously Owned:
'57 DeSoto Adventurer Conv.
'61 Chrysler 300G w/AutoPilot!
'71 Charger 440R/T 6Pak
Dave 870-248-0033 anytime

Bill Mounteer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 11:44:27 PM »

The only bright side of the sales down turn is since it's due to a drop in the economy and increased fuel costs, people are not buying any cars at all. It would be a different story if sales were down because people shifted to imported cars. With the current situation, once the economy improves and fuel prices drop, the customers will return.

Some days you eat bear, some days the bear eats you!

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 04:22:29 AM »

Bill Mounteer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 09:20:50 AM »

Quote from: Commando1
Chrysler Suicide Watch

Sounds like a PR pep talk, but I'll bet similar memo's are floating around both GM and Ford.  The current sales problems are really not brand specific, everyone's sales are down. What will be interesting is how the respective managements approach the problem. I suspect Chrysler, being privately held, will be able to react quicker and could very well weather the storm better than the various public companies.

I don't understand all the crying about build quality, my 06 Jeep, which is supposed to be one of the worst, is great. My Jeep has every option you can put in a Jeep, so if there were rampant problems, I should be seeing them all. My Jeep is 23 months old and it has had ZERO problems. So unless it has a melt down pretty soon, I don't see what people are moaning about.

Some days you eat bear, some days the bear eats you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC