MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Life is funny.  (Read 934 times)

Tom Atkinson

• View Profile
Life is funny.
« on: June 19, 2008, 06:29:37 AM »

So I've grown up in Florida. Use to afternoon rain in the summer.   It is very rare to get rain in the morning here unless a hurricane or tropical storm is blowing in.  It is unheard of to get rain in the morning two days in a row again unless said storm is out in the Gulf. 

The wife and I just had a remodeling job started on the house Tuesday.  Rained came down in buckets not less than 15 mins after the guys started.  Lucky for us it only lasted about 20 mins and everyone was able to get back to work. 

Funny thing is the same thing happened yesterday and today it's been off and on all morning.   I guess it's better in the morning than afternoon when they'd pack up and head home.  Anyway the forcast for tomorrow is 60% chance morning showers.  

Snotty

• View Profile
Life is funny.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 08:19:33 AM »

Rain?  Rain?  What is that?  Rain?

Our average rainfall here is 6.5" a year.  This year we had a whopping 2.93"!  I've already received a warning for overwatering my yard.

But, Murheys Law is still a at work.  Last month one of my neghbors was getting a new roof.  The day they stripped off the shake tiles it rained - and her roof was open.

It hadn't rained in a month!
It's green here in Chico!!

Tom Atkinson

• View Profile
Life is funny.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 08:28:41 AM »

That's what was happening to us hre Snotty.  No rain for month, water restrictions, drought.  My brother was just teasing me at lunch about this.  We have gone from the driest county in FLA  to the wettest in less than 5 days. 

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Life is funny.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 03:59:33 AM »

I was thinking the same thing, Tom, here in Sebring.  Two mornings in a row with rain. WTF?  But you know what?  I spent yesterday evening, sitting at the outdoor bar at the Tiki Lounge, watching a gorgeous sunset which overlooks a lake, palms, groves, etc, and I said to myself:  "Stan! You're the luckiest guy on earth."

I'll take the rain in the morning anytime.

Jimmy

• View Profile
Life is funny.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 06:03:40 AM »

Its been raining here in the morning for the last three years. Oh, it usually rains in the afternoon and evening too. Sometimes it slacks off a little overnight but generally rain then too.  
66'300 vert ~ 68'VIP fastop          

Bill Mounteer

• View Profile
Life is funny.
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 03:21:58 PM »

Quote from: jimmyray68
   Its been raining here in the morning for the last three years. Oh, it usually rains in the afternoon and evening too. Sometimes it slacks off a little overnight but generally rain then too.  

And ... then it snows!

Some days you eat bear, some days the bear eats you!

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Life is funny.
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 02:55:34 AM »

And ... then it snows! [/QUOTE]
But it's great the rest of the time. Right?

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Life is funny.
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 06:11:07 AM »

Last night we had 2 freak storms run through here.  Horrendous rains, very severe lightning and real heavy winds.  The first one tore the cover off VOAB.  .Broke the ropes on it.  The second one dropped 3/4" of rain in about 10 minutes.  I just stood there and watched the rain gage roll over.  Given both storms were about equal, we probably got about and 1 1/2" of rain in like 20 minutes..  Winds spiked at 40 MPH.  Nasty

Driveway is nice and clean now

POLARACO2008-06-21 11:12:13
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

azblackhemi

• View Profile
Life is funny.
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 06:24:10 AM »

All we're getting here is a heat storm. 114 to 116 degrees. Just got back from San diego where it is about 70 degrees on the beach. Wish I was still there!
Horder of all NY'er's Newports, 300's and all other interesting "C" Bodies.Road Wheels AND SNAKES!!

James Brown Jr,

• View Profile
Life is funny.
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 01:43:33 PM »

anyone hear about the HUGE Storm northern Mi got a weeks or so ago. half of the county i live in got flooded(along with Susan)
176K miles 10/22

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Life is funny.
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 03:32:47 PM »

Floods! Droughts!  Heat waves!

The end is near, I tell ya!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
Life is funny.
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 06:16:32 PM »

"Dogs and cats, living together.....Mass hysteria!"

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Snotty

• View Profile
Life is funny.
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 09:59:55 AM »

"and Richardless here...."

Love that movie!

It was 109* here yesterday, and it's not even July yet!

Mariah flew to Madison WI this morning for IVCF training.  At least SHE gets to see some rain!!!  
It's green here in Chico!!

Tom Atkinson

• View Profile
Life is funny.
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 01:28:51 AM »

Holy cow.  We went from no rain to will not stop.   They had just finished digging and putting in the shell for the pool we're getting last Friday and it started raining the the next day.  Now we are sitting under a tropical low.   Yep rain all day every day since Saturday 7 inches worth in three days.  Kind of put a hold on any more work to the house at the moment.  Today was to be dry and right now it's dumping like a water fall outside.  If this keeps up I may have to convert Kaw-Liga to an aircraft carrier.  (These C bodies are to big to be any smaller)

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Life is funny.
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 01:37:03 AM »

Quote from: Chrysler300
Holy cow.  We went from no rain to will not stop.  
The bright side is the return of our daily downpours doesn't make meel feel so bad while The Nyb sits up on the lift "Out of Service"....
Commando12008-07-17 06:50:11
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC