MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Give me your take on the last Imps.  (Read 1463 times)

steve fogel

• View Profile
Give me your take on the last Imps.
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2008, 04:03:28 PM »

I remember when those came out, we thought only J. Paul Getty could ride around in such a car......now you could put it on yer credit card.

steve fogel

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2008, 04:08:31 PM »

if there's no room in the garage for it, why put a reserve on it?.......if you really want to sell it, forget the reserve and sell to the highest bidder........reserves are for sellers who aren't really that serious about selling or insist on getting their investment back

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2008, 06:35:37 PM »

My 83 Cordoba is going to be sold with the Imperial snowflake wheels on it....any buyers?
It's a  heckuva lot more reliable than those Imps!

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2008, 04:48:17 AM »

OK.  I asked the initial question.  Now, here's my take.  I like them because they're a likable oddball.  Not because it has an IMPERIAL nameplate hung on it.  If I found one locally in top-notch condition, I'd grab it as a grocery getter or to flip.

Commando12008-06-08 09:52:15

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2008, 08:12:13 AM »

I wanna disagree on the RWD .....
case in point:

http://www.allpar.com/model/spiritrt.html

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2008, 11:31:48 AM »

Maaaaaaaaaaaaann... smokin FRONT tires violates the equilibrium of the universe

Matt Aker

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2008, 03:36:26 PM »

My Grandad's Knew Yorker ran awful well with a 3.3 but I never tried to spin tire with it.  My mother's '80 Toronado was pretty respectable with it's lethargic Olds 350 under a heavy foot though....  dad's, not mine.  (I'd like to try a 455 FWD Toronado personally  )

The best FWD burnout I have ever created came from my '91 DeVille.  Wasn't even trying...
Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2008, 05:51:38 PM »

Just letting out the clutch in my 1985 Omni GLH Turbo made wads of front tire smoke and nasty right turns.....

Johnny D.

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2008, 06:31:09 PM »

Quote from: MoparMatt

Yep... My 92 is the same way...

"Rock and Roll's been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died."- John Milner

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2008, 12:31:39 PM »

The Neon SRT 4 will turn the hearts of the most staunch anti-FWD person.  I know, because Lloyd from our Mopar Club changed his mind when he saw one do a .12 ET in Vegas in stock condition.  Those were butt-kicking little cars!
It's green here in Chico!!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 08:23:40 PM »

The SRT-4 was the second fastest Dodge.......Viper was #1, but only by a little!

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2008, 02:43:43 AM »

Bob- what's the skinny on your Cordoba? /6 or 318? ... btw there's one
of those Omni GLH Turbos parked in a gas station with no plates on it
about 4 blocks from me, been there over a year.  I still prefer
rwd, steering with the throttle is fun!

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2008, 08:38:20 AM »

My 83 Cordoba is charcoal gray with a silver cloth interior (no Corinthian leather here!). 318 is stock (runs good even with the factory lean burn) A-999 wide ratio auto trans, 1965 NewYorker 8 3/4" sure grip rear, 2.76 ratio gears (stock was 2.26!), power windows and locks, tilt wheel with leather wrapped wheel, A/C was converted to the R134-a but I haven't tried the air yet this season. The dash pad and the rear seat are MINT. Headliner was redone so it isn't falling on your head! Carpets are nice and the car doesn't leak. Trunk is nice as well (spare might never have touched the ground..)

Now the honesty list....
Car has sat in the baking sun for a few years, so the vinyl roof is gone and the paint on the flat surfaces is going. The front cloth seats are coming apart at the top outside edges and in the seating areas. The fake wood trims along the door panel tops are cracking. The urethane end caps around the taillights just started to crack for some reason and I passed up a NOS set on the 'bay a while back I got a spare K-frame for it as all of these TV bar frames crack and throw the front end out of alignment. Rebuilt starter is in the trunk (new battery cables too) waiting for someone to install it. Cruise control doesn't work.

This was the car I drove when 9-11 happened.....got good mileage and was quiet and comfortable. Drove Mom to work and parked it at our Cruise Nite too. Don't really want to sell it, but have no time for all the little things that need attention. I paid $1,500 for it before doing all of the brakes and the rear. I am going to get it out of it's parking spot and have the mechanic across the street check it out soon. Pics will follow.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC