MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windshield Paranoia  (Read 656 times)

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Windshield Paranoia
« on: May 25, 2008, 04:55:51 PM »

Am I nuts?  I lose sleep over the craziest things.  The 74-78 C-body windshields are no longer manufactured.  I toyed with the idea of buying one now so I would have one on hand probably at a time when it would be impossible to get a new one. 
What do you think?  Should I get one now or should I use the money to see a shrink?   What would you do?

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
Windshield Paranoia
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 05:16:48 PM »

No shrink required.You don't need to pay someone to tell you that you are already Mopar nuts!!
Part of the Mopar hobby is hoarding parts,so grab one when you can.
You'll just never know...
Me? I hoard '68 Chrysler parts...and cans of turquiose engine paint...LOL
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Windshield Paranoia
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 05:22:30 PM »

Agreed

I have so many hard to get 62 Chrysler and 72 Polara parts I could cry.  Why?  Because I have 2 of each.

Another reason why I like sedans.  Parts are easy to get
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
Windshield Paranoia
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 07:24:45 PM »

Here's the problem....I hoarded 2 windshields years ago (still got 'em) - one for my Roadrunner and one for my 66 300. Well, the RR glass sat in my attic for lo 22 years, going through very hot summers and freezing winters up there. All the while I was worrying about it blowing up like a 55 Mercedes Gullwing windscreen did on me at the resto shop (hot attic + older glass manufacturing techniques= boom! and 800  bux for a new one from Germany) The 65 NYKR glass sits in my shop laying against a player piano waiting for something to fall on it and destroy it (about 15 years now).
Well now I come to find out that the RR one is non tinted, and the 65 is from a sedan and won't fit my 2 dr hardtop! All that for nuthin! And new ones are available cheap! Why? Because demand is there. And someday demand will be there for your model car, at which they will ramp up production and make them again.

If not, you could always look on ebay in the future

So now you see that you are not alone in your mental condition Stan!

stitcherbob2008-05-26 00:30:51
They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Windshield Paranoia
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 12:35:34 AM »

Maybe I should have a grapefruit "fall" on my windshield now and save the "damaged" one for future use...

Nah.  I can't do it.  Wasn't born that way.    But it feels good I'm among others with the same affliction.

"Hi.  My name is Stan and I'm an..."

Quote from: POLARACO
Another reason why I like sedans.  Parts are easy to get
Funny.  I had the opposite problem with my Fury 2 dr. post.  Everthing out there was for HARDTOPS!

Commando12008-05-26 05:44:59
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC