MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Headers......  (Read 307 times)

Bill

• View Profile
Headers......
« on: May 14, 2008, 05:40:11 PM »

What's your take?  I know I'm asking for trouble here but I figured I'd ask anyway.   

After spending some more time under the hood lately, trying to diagnose the dry bowls problem, I've noticed that both exhaust manifolds are cracked.   It really isn't evident until they warm up and it's clearly visible then.   I know I should stay with the original logs but the performance manifolds are out-bloody-rageous, and this thing is never going to see an auction, or a for sale sign for that matter..   Hedman has a part number they say will fit for 25% of the cost I've been finding the manifolds.    Looking at the exhaust too I see numerous pin holes so the pipe from the manifolds back to the bumper will have to be replaced so I figure it's not much more work (but cheaper) to throw a set of headers (hedders) on it.

Thanks,
Bill

czervika2008-05-14 22:40:24

Snotty

• View Profile
Headers......
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 08:47:32 AM »

Bill, it's up to you, but I'd say go with the headers if you're not concerned about the "factory correct" look.  They work better anyway.

It's green here in Chico!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC